Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Sample Data

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    coffeemilkfun
    Participant

Hi, first of all thank you for such a beautiful theme.

I’ve installed the theme and imported Sensei Demo Context, but now on my website it is only blog page that shows on the front page. I would like to have a site with a Frontpage Example 2, blog with sidebar, just the same as theme demo. If it possible, can you please provide data for me to import to and have exactly the same look with theme demo? So I can just edit my information and it would be ready. Thank you very much.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Coffeemilkfun,

First of all, thank you for the purchase!

Unfortunately, WordPress does not allow to export/import admin settings – only content, thus you will need to configure the settings yourself. In order to set the front page display, please visit “Settings -> Reading” and choose the desired option from the radio-button options for “Front page displays”. You would want to set it to “Your latest posts” in case you want the front page to show your latest posts :)

Should you have more questions – do not hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

coffeemilkfun
    Participant

Andrew, thank you very much for the reply.

So, I’ve understood that I have to set up the front page by myself and trying to do this now. I’m having troubles with setting up an expanding slider. I’ve uploaded three images to expanding slider panel, I’ve picked expanding slider in type contest (theme options),then I chose expanding slider as header for my homepage and nothing shows . If it is possible, please help me figure it out. Thank you!

coffeemilkfun
    Participant

And several hours later I have another question ). I’ve created a new custom sidebar for a specific page, picked it in the sidebar options of the page, addited several widgets to it, saved the widgets, but is still doesn’t show, I’m still getting “No Widgets Here Yet!”. And when I open widget edditing page- there no widgets under custom sidebar, though I saved them earlier. Help needed )). Thank you .

coffeemilkfun
    Participant

Hi, Andrew, again I have a question- i’ve install the fancybox plagin, but no effect. From the demo site, if I’m correct I see that you use fancybox too. Can you , please, tell me what might cause a problem with it?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hi Coffeemilkfun!

Let me go over your questions one by one:

1). I’ve updated Sensei just yesterday to version 1.1, and among the fixes it contains an improved header choice algorithm – please update to 1.1 and also – in case your home page is a blog, be sure to check the “Show custom header on blog-posts page” option in the “Heeader” tab of the Theme Options panel.

2). The sidebar widget problem is very peculiar! Could you please tell me if you are using any third-party plugins? And better yet – I would be able to troubleshoot and fix even faster if you could send me the admin login/password to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed).

3). As a matter of principle, I do not use any additional plugins in any of my theme previews – to make sure that the visitors see that everything done in the preview can be achieved from the theme’s built-in functions, out-of-the-box. The fact that the theme demo has fancybox is because I’ve integrated the code into my theme – which means that you can uninstall the plugin and still use all the features :) in case you want to fine-tune the settings for the fancybox, they are located in “Settings -> Media”. ..I guess I should be more explicit on this one in the theme manual, thank you for bringing this up!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

coffeemilkfun
    Participant

Hi Andrew. Thank you very much for your replies, finally I have time to go to my website again.

1) I can’t find update to version 1.1. I’m very new to wordpress, so maybe I’m just not looking where I supposed to look. Usually updates come under the admin panel=>theme, am I right? But from there I just see that my version is 1.0, and no option to renew.

2) Yes, I have some plugins, like usquare, I’ll send you my login, please take a look.

3) Fancybox. I’m sorry but still not able to figure out how to use it. I’ve looked in the settings it’s checked with images&inline content, but the images that i post still not inlarge, when I point on them.

Thanks again.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Irina,

regarding your questions:

1). The new version of the theme should be available form your ThemeForest account, the “Downloads” tab. You’ll need to download it, unpack as stated in the manual, and re-upload the “Sensei” folder (located inside the “Sensei_Installable.zip” archive) via FTP, replacing the original theme files.

2). The reason why there were no widgets in the default sidebar is because you did not add any :) widgets can be added in “Appearance -> Widgets” by dragging the widget boxes into one of the sidebars on the right. I’ve added a couple of test widgets to your default sidebar and they show correctly, please see e.g. this page. Now the second part of the issue, i.e. the custom sidebars, is still open (although you had no widgets in them – even after adding widgets they did not work) – I strongly recommend to try to update the theme to the latest version and check if it fixes the custom sidebars. If not, please let me know!

3). The fancybox is working fine at the moment, just click on any image you’ve inserted into posts or pages, e.g. this one. Note that in WordPress an image must be inserted with a link pointing to the image file in order for the system to create a fancybox frame for it.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

P.S. с наступающим! ;)

coffeemilkfun
    Participant

Dear Andrew, I really appreciate your detailed answers to my questions, it’s a lot of help for me :-) . I’ll try to do everything as you say, thank you.

P.S. Ух ты! Неожиданно :-) . И вас с наступающим!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.