Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Revolution Slider non-functional on theme

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Revolution Slider non-functional on theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulitik
    Participant

Hello,

The revolution slider plug-in stopped working on the webpage I set up. I investigated what was wrong, and it seems like the plugin has locked permissions on the ftp server I connect to to work with the site. I’m unable to reinstall the app, and unable to get rid of the folder that is there, and also unable to access the settings associated with the content I set up.

Not sure if you have any ideas, or seen this happen before. And sorry beforehand for the confusing explanation!

Thanks,

Paul

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

let me clarify: you are unable to access the ftp account associated with your website, and you suspect that it might be because of the Revolution Slider plugin included with the theme? Have you tried asking the hosting provider to reset the ftp user?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

paulitik
    Participant

Andrii,

Sorry, I realize my message was a bit confusing. I am able to access my FTP account, I am not able to access the rev slider folder under “/public_html/wp-content/plugins”. It has locked permissions on it for some reason, leaving me unable to delete the folder and reinstall the plugin. It has also stopped the slider from functioning on the page.

Thanks again for your help!

Paul

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

have you tried:
    a). changing the permissions on the folder manually via FTP, i.e. right-clicking on the folder in your FTP client and choosing “Preferences”, “File Permissions”, or similar, depending on your type of FTP client and setting all checkboxes into the “checked” state?
    b). asking your hosting provider to delete the folder from their side?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.