Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio item captions – change source

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Portfolio item captions – change source

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aderli
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

After I use “Posts instead of custom post types in portfolio”.
    I want to use blog as index page and customize the blog page style. (modify index.php?)

I found that I may use the Excert as preface. And the title could be the captions of portfolio item.

I’d like to ask is it possible to change the source of Portfolio item captions?

Many thanks,
    Aderli

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Aderli,

portfolio item captions are sourced from excerpts in Ikebana, and it is not changeable via the admin back-end settings. You can change the source of the captions, however, by customizing the template files which are responsible for generating project content (“content.php” and “content-[format].php”). E.g. in the “content.php” the lines that generates the caption are 75-79:

ID ) ) { ?>

You can change the “has_excerpt()” to any other condition, and “the_excerpt” to any other WP template tag.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.