Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Page Loading extremly slow – error log

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Page Loading extremly slow – error log

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi at Sartori,
    the Ikebana theme at http://meerleben-baugemeinschaft.de/ is loading extremly slow (> 11 sec). I have tried deactivate all plugins, no success.

I have also run the site with the WordPress Standard Theme. In this case the loading time is normal.

My Hoster says some Javascript Files are not loaded correct.

Can you help?

Best Regards
    Jörg

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jörg,

thank you for choosing Ikebana!

The speed test (result) indicates that all scripts and styles are loading normally, yet there are 2.8 Mb of images on the page, which collectively account for more than 81% of the page’s weight and most of its load time (especially this one, as you can see in the waterfall graph under the speed test). Please try optimizing the images by reducing the size of each one and/or downsample it – this should have a profound effect on the page’s load speed; as a rule of thumb, pages which weight less than 1 Mb load fast enough for most internet users.

Another issue to consider is optimizing your server so that it handles the visitor load with ease and is able to handle all responses simultaneously; however, the image optimization mentioned above is a much more effective solution in terms of resources spent versus outcome.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Hi Andrii,
    thanks for the advice, I will try that.

Best
    Jörg

Hi Andrii,
    I have shrinked the images but still the landingpage ist over 2 MB big (results). As I can see it the landingpage is loading a lot of images (like this) who are not implemented in the landingpage itself but on sub-pages like http://meerleben-baugemeinschaft.de/project/termine/ . Is this an error in my website or is https://tools.pingdom.com showing wrong results?

Best
    Jörg

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jörg,

the extra images are being loaded from the projects which starts with “Einladung” – please try using the Excerpt field in that one, so that the tile only contains the text, without any media. This should reduce the number of images loaded on the page.

In any case, though, it really seems that the issue stems from your server’s settings: as an example, the Ikebana demo page is 4 Mb in size but loads in 3 seconds, and it’s not even hosted on a VPS or a dedicated machine – just an ordinary GoDaddy shared hosting. I recommend considering either optimizing the current server’s settings or moving to a faster one.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Hi Andrii,
    I have tried to use the Excerpt field in http://meerleben-baugemeinschaft.de/project/termine/ but still all the images are loaded.

The Server is ok, the Hoster is HostEurope, one of the best. They still say is it a questions of loading the scripts correct.

Best Regards
    Jörg

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jörg,

At the moment I do not see the mentioned extra images being loaded in the portfolio page code – is this issue still topical?

The current load time is 1.3s (results) – was this accomplished through changes in the theme’s code? This information would benefit the future development of Ikebana.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Hi Andrii,
    yes, correct, I have just implemented the big images into a gallery, so they dont get loaded anymore on the frontpage. I dont have made changes to the themes code.

Thanks for your help.

Nice theme, good support, live can be easy :-)

Regards
    Jörg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.