Multilanguage (.mo and .po) with Poedit and WPML Plugin

Front page Support Forums Kabuki Theme Support Multilanguage (.mo and .po) with Poedit and WPML Plugin

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  satoristudio 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #660

    nichibus
    Participant

    Hi,
    Iw’m using WPML plugin to make a multilanguage site (Italian and English).
    I edit the “localize.po” file with Poedit.
    I create a it_IT.mo file with it.
    But the theme is always in English.
    I try to modify “localize.po” and create a different “localize.mo”, but the translation is always the same.
    If i use the Quick Localisation plugin is all ok, but with this I can’t create a multilingual site.
    In wp-config.php I have: “define(‘WPLANG’, ‘it_IT’)”
    Can you help me to use the .mo files to translate the theme in more languages?
    Thanks very much

    Nicola

    #668

    satoristudio
    Member

    Dear Nicola,

    please try using these updated language files from my repository; in case this does not solve the problem, let me know!

    Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

    #671

    nichibus
    Participant

    Dear Andrew,
    I have the same problem.
    I edit the new “localize.po” file with Poedit. But nothing.

    Nicola

    #676

    satoristudio
    Member

    Dear Nicola,

    I’ve spent a couple of hours on this and got to the root of the problem, and have to admit that it was totally my fault. I’ve fixed all translatable strings in the template files, yet the changes are too large to post a fix here – I’ve uploaded the fix as a new version of the theme to ThemeForest, it should be approved and available in one or two days. Meanwhile, if the issue is urgent for you, you can send me your admin credentials to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed) and I can update the theme files for you.

    I apologize for any inconveniences, and thank you for pointing out the issue!

    Best,
    Andrew | Satori

    #739

    satoristudio
    Member

    Dear Nicola,

    I’ve updated the Kabuki theme, fixing the translatable strings and the language files. Please find the new version (1.2) in the Downloads tab of your ThemeForest account.

    Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

    #840

    nichibus
    Participant

    Thanks very much.
    Now it’s Ok!

    Nicola

    #843

    satoristudio
    Member

    Great to hear! :)

    A.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.