Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Multilanguage (.mo and .po) with Poedit and WPML Plugin

New Front EN Support Forums Kabuki Theme Support Multilanguage (.mo and .po) with Poedit and WPML Plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nichibus
    Participant

Hi,
    Iw’m using WPML plugin to make a multilanguage site (Italian and English).
    I edit the “localize.po” file with Poedit.
    I create a it_IT.mo file with it.
    But the theme is always in English.
    I try to modify “localize.po” and create a different “localize.mo”, but the translation is always the same.
    If i use the Quick Localisation plugin is all ok, but with this I can’t create a multilingual site.
    In wp-config.php I have: “define(‘WPLANG’, ‘it_IT’)”
    Can you help me to use the .mo files to translate the theme in more languages?
    Thanks very much

Nicola

mmsatoristudio

Dear Nicola,

please try using these updated language files from my repository; in case this does not solve the problem, let me know!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

nichibus
    Participant

Dear Andrew,
    I have the same problem.
    I edit the new “localize.po” file with Poedit. But nothing.

Nicola

mmsatoristudio

Dear Nicola,

I’ve spent a couple of hours on this and got to the root of the problem, and have to admit that it was totally my fault. I’ve fixed all translatable strings in the template files, yet the changes are too large to post a fix here – I’ve uploaded the fix as a new version of the theme to ThemeForest, it should be approved and available in one or two days. Meanwhile, if the issue is urgent for you, you can send me your admin credentials to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed) and I can update the theme files for you.

I apologize for any inconveniences, and thank you for pointing out the issue!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

mmsatoristudio

Dear Nicola,

I’ve updated the Kabuki theme, fixing the translatable strings and the language files. Please find the new version (1.2) in the Downloads tab of your ThemeForest account.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

nichibus
    Participant

Thanks very much.
    Now it’s Ok!

Nicola

mmsatoristudio

Great to hear! :)

A.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.