Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

menu font

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    supermom
    Participant

another question;-)

Is it possible to define a font for the menu bar, which is not the same as the header and content pages?

Regards Julie

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Julie,

a separate font for the menu items was not envisaged as a back-end admin option (thus hasn’t been added yet), but you can do it via the code:

1). Go to Google Fonts and choose the font you like :) Press the “Quick-use” button on the right.

2). Scroll down to point three (“Add this code to your website”), copy the code.

3). On your website, go to “Appearance -> Editor” and in the right-hand list, click on the file called “header-functions.php”. Paste the code from Google Fonts into the file, above all other content and then hit “Update File”.

4). Now from the list on the right, locate and open the file called “Stylesheet (style.css)” – and add this line at the very bottom:
    #nav-primary li a { font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif !important }
    replacing the Open Sans bit with the exact name of your chosen font. Do not forget to hit “Update File” afterwards ;)

That’s it, ready to rock!

In case you have problems with this sequence, you can send me your admin login details to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed) together with the desired font name, and I will install it for you.

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

supermom
    Participant

Hello again,

I have followed your instructions, but it is not the desired font that appears?

I also sent you an email.

Regards Julie

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Julie,

I’ve fixed the font ;) The reason it did not work was because I’ve put wrong quotation marks around the “Open Sans” font in my example – my apologies for that! A typical web development problem – switch from one type of quotation marks to another, and the entire thing stops working properly :)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.