Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Issues with WooCommerce and "More Information" tab

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support Issues with WooCommerce and "More Information" tab

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey there! I am still working on a client site and am currently working on the shop. I need to completely remove the “more information” tab that shows up at the bottom of the product page. It is giving me errors for one thing, and for another, it really isn’t needed. Just description & reviews are all I want.

I have gone into the functions.php file with the theme and attempted to delete this particular line of coding, but it absolutely will not let me take it out – when I do, I hit save and it gives me a 418 error.

Is there an easy fix for this? Thank you!

bump

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Christy,

this is not connected with the theme, because the product page design, including the tabs you’ve mentioned above, are rendered by the WooCommerce plugin itself. Please follow this guide to remove one or more product tabs from the product pages.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

I think it is connected with the coding in the theme. I am using Woocommerce in the same manner on another author website and I am NOT getting this error. If you will see the guide that you referred me to, you will see at the bottom it references problems with the exact error code I am getting under the heading “The Additional Information Tab.”

In functions.php of the Shogun theme, you have included this snippet, which IS the additional information tab:

//// Rename product tab
    function shogun_sd_wc_rename_tabs( $tabs ) {
    $tabs[‘additional_information’][‘title’] = __( ‘More Information’, ‘satori’ );
    return $tabs;
    }

When I delete this snippet of code, then hit save, I get a 418 error.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Christy,
    the code you’ve referenced above does not make the tab appear or disappear – it merely changes the name of the tab; if you need to remove the snippet, be sure to also remove line 75 in the same file:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_tabs', 'shogun_sd_wc_rename_tabs', 98 );

since the function is for a filter hook, the above line would reference a non-existed function in case you only delete the function itself.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.