Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

installing updates

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support installing updates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jdudeo
    Participant

Hi, sorry if this is a question that’s too general for you or this forum but I’m wondering what procedure I should go through to install the newest update of this theme since I don’t want to mess it up. If there’s some other resource that explains the process also that you can direct me to I’d also be grateful. Really enjoying the theme by the way.

P.S. also how can I get notified when the theme is updated?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jdudeo,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

Before speaking about theme updates, it is worth noting that the recommended way to customize WordPress themes (e.g. in case you’ve bought the theme and want to make certain changes in the template code or the insides of the css stylesheets) is by using child themes. Ikebana supports child themes, and the downloadable package contains a starter child theme in the “Ikebana-child” folder. You can find more information on using child themes on this official page by WordPress.

Regarding theme updates, I would recommend downloading the latest version of the theme from your ThemeForest account, extracting the theme folder, and simply uploading it into the /wp-content/themes/ directory via ftp, overwriting the existing theme folder. When posting new theme updates, I use the ThemeForest function which automatically notifies all buyers once a new version is available.

Should you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

jdudeo
    Participant

Ok thanks for that information.

About the update notifications, I just checked and realized I didn’t have the “Get notified by email if this item is updated” box, thanks!

jdudeo
    Participant

Ok I don’t know what’s going on but I didn’t get any email about the latest update (1.3), was one sent out?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jdudeo,

it was supposed to be sent. I will contact ThemeForest admins and find out if it was a glitch or it was me who did something incorrectly. My apologies for any inconveniences!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.