Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Ikebana feature request for future updates

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Ikebana feature request for future updates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nagytalp
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I’m happy to see the new functions in Ikebana 3.0, the new box sizes are really cool!

At this moment I use the v2.0 which I my modified a bit.

I have added the following widget areas:

1., Before the main menu (For the title of my page)
    2., After the main menu (Main sliders are here)
    3., After the article on the page with sidebar (For featured articles)
    4., Added an 3 column footer with widgetized areas before the copyright footer (I use both)
    Plan: An before the articles widget area with same width as article text (For page specific banners)

I., I made image labels on the main site with ‘tagportfolio’ because I use this custom taxonomy as main categories.
    II., Removed the “Website” field from Comment form
    III., I translated the texts in the php codes because the working of the Quick Localization plugin was not so clear to me.

So I’m in trouble with the updates at this moment. :)
    Is it possible to make this changes in the next update?

If it helps anything in Your work I can send my files in email to You. (But my codes are not so beauty as Yours. :D )

I wanna migrating my sites to a dedicated server in the next months. And after updating the Ikebana theme to the latest version with minimized my pains which I caused to myself.

Thank You and best of regards, Csaba.

http://www.irodalmibableves.hu

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Csaba,

Glad to hear the theme has come in handy :)

I would highly recommend using a child theme for all changes to the original theme, as outlined in this WordPress guide. A child theme allows you to make unlimited changes to the template files and styles, while preserving the original files – this means that you can update the theme at any time without the risk of losing any of the custom changes being made to it. As a matter of fact, Ikebana also includes a child theme core, which you can find in the “Ikebana-child” folder in the main downloadable ThemeForest archive.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hello Andrii,

Thank You for your reply!

– I started to work with the Child Theme. Now I have some bugs on the single portfolio pages. I use the default sidebar on the right and I have an custom 3 column footer before the default footer widget area.
    I copied the full of Ikebana 3.0 style.css to the child themes because if I use the child theme’s @import url the content on the front page not showing up properly. With this solution my code works well on the homepage. But on the single portfolio page the sidebar and the custom footer swapped. I have no idea why!?

-Another one problem is the header.php. I wanna add my widgetized areas in the header. But if I make a copy from the parent theme’s header.php to the child theme’s header.php the content on the homepage comes with Ikebana’s default settings and the layout breaks up.

Have You got any idea how to fix that?

Best regards, Csaba.

Nagytalp
    Participant

1st one is “solved”. I cleaned up my code in single-project.php. :)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Csaba,

regarding the second issue: it is difficult to give a definitive answer with the existing information – I will need to ask you for access to the admin back-end (you can send the details to support@satoristudio.net; I remember you’ve already done that once yet now the website doesn’t seem to load on my machine). I will also need more details about the problem: please clarify – as far as I understood you’ve created a copy of header.php with a new widget area code in the child folder, and added a new widget area in the functions.php file; and now the child theme’s header.php does not display the new widget area – is that correct?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

the copy of the original parent header.php without the widget area code breaks the layout. At this moment I removed the copy of the header.php from the child theme’s folder. I put it back today afternoon.

The main page works perfectly but seems like the sub-sites doesn’t work now, e.g: http://www.irodalmibableves.hu/tag-portfolio/bableves-es-csulok/

Regards, Csaba.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Csaba,

I see you’ve removed the new header.php again – could you please send it to me via email (the php file itself, archived), so that I could look at what new code you are using? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Nagytalp
    Participant

Hello Andrii,

Basically this happens when I use an empty child header.php with the opening and closing tag. And the same issue when is make an copy form the parent’s header.php. I put my custom code in the parent’s header.php which is works well now. Later I send it via email with the screenshots.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.