Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

IE compatibility

New Front EN Support Forums Pre-Order Questions IE compatibility

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    PS
    Participant

Love your designs but I notice they’re not 100% compatible with current versions of Internet Explorer. This exhibits itself by the ‘Broken Page’ icon and differences in display depending on whether ‘Compabibility Mode’ is turned on or off in IE. Also I’m sure when you review your templates you’ll notice display issues.

Seems to be the same issue on either IE 9 (on Windows 7) and IE 10 (on Windows 8). Do you plan to fix that across your themes. If so, when might that happen?

mmsatoristudio

Hi Paul!

Thank you for the input! I’ve tested the theme on IE9 before submitting for sale, yet I’ll look into it once more during the upcoming week. Regarding IE10 – to be frank, I haven’t yet looked into that – I know it’s been a month since the first stable release of IE10 and I should feel ashamed, just did not find the time. I’ll be investigating that one together with the previous issue starting from Monday. I would be very grateful if you could detail any css styling or javascript issues you’ve noticed in IE9 and/or IE10 – without compatibility mode, IE9 looks as it should on my machine..

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

PS
    Participant

I’ve had another look and the only fault I can see at the moment is the presence of the Compatibility View button (‘broken page’) icon. That’s my main concern and I hear is fairly easy to make it go away (in code) if the page is designed for IE9 / IE10.

mmsatoristudio

Hi Paul,

I’ll look into the issue this week. Thanks for bringing that up!
    Should you have other comments/questions, do not hesitate to approach me!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

PS
    Participant

Thanks Andrew,
    these pages might be of interest:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288325(v=vs.85).aspx
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8650557/disable-compatibility-view-through-code-in-ie
    http://twigstechtips.blogspot.com/2010/03/css-ie8-meta-tag-to-disable.html

Seems like your own website could take advantage of this too (at least for IE 10).

cheers,
    Paul

mmsatoristudio

Thank you so much Paul!

Going through the articles right now.

A | Satori

PS
    Participant

Any luck on this one?

mmsatoristudio

Hi Paul!

Try opening the theme demo in IE now, it should be working as required. I’ve not yet included the fix into the ThemeForest download since it’s too small a change for a new theme version, yet you can download the updated “header.php” file here and upload it into your theme folder, replacing the existing one, to get rid of the issue.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

• This reply was modified 11 years, 7 months ago by mmsatoristudio.
    PS
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    I spent a lot of time testing this and it does not help on IE9 or IE10. Both browsers still show the ‘compatibility view’ icon (‘broken page’ icon). This website also has the same issue.

What next? Did you upload correct file – it doesn’t seem have any reference to IE9 or IE10 doctype?

cheers,
    Paul.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Paul,

The updated header contains the following meta tag:
    which tells IE to render the website in the highest standards/version mode available. Please see the Fuji demo now; let me know if it still shows the compatibility icon.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by mmsatori.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by satori.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.