Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

How do I set up the blog?

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support How do I set up the blog?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BettinaForget
    Participant

Hi,

great theme, love it!

But – one small question: how do I set up the blog page? I’m sure it’s something obvious, but I can’t figure it out. When I create a regular page and title it “blog” it doesn’t function like a blog. Right now I created a category titled ‘Blog’ and added it to the top menu, but that’s not really what I want.

Here’s my site: http://www.midnightsunjournal.com

Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bettina,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

In WordPress, in order to create a classic blog page you’ll need to declare it in the “Settings -> Reading” admin section (this does not depend on the theme, by the way): check the “Front page displays” option, it should be set on “A static page”; now, under “Posts page” choose the page you wish to be the shell for the blog, from the respective drop-down. The page can be any page created previously, no content is required inside, and the layout can be set to any value.

Should you have further issues with setting up the blog page, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

BettinaForget
    Participant

Andril,

thank you for your reply. I knew it had to be something simple, thank you for pointing out the obvious!
    One more small question: on your Ikebana demo blog, the content area is a a paler grey than the background colour. I modified the Theme Options -> Content, Widges -> Content background colour, but it didn’t make a change.

Thanks again,
    Bettina

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bettina,

could you please tell me the contents of the “Content background colour” field you’ve mentioned above? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

BettinaForget
    Participant

Hi Andril,

I left the Content background colour field blank for now. I tried a few colour changes, but they only affect the text boxes on the portfolio page.

Thanks,
    Bettina

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bettina,

it seems that the plugin that generates the map for the “My Travel Route” widget might be causing this. Please try removing this widget in the “Appearance -> Widgets” admin section and refreshing the pages. In case the background appears, please tell me which plugin you’ve been using for the map, I will try to find a compatibility solution.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

BettinaForget
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

thank you for looking into that – and sorry for my late reply, it’s been busy here on my Iceland trip.

I did as you suggested, and indeed, the Blog page looked perfect when I removed the My Travel Route widget. It’s called Google Maps Travel Route
    http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/google-maps-travel-route?rate=5#postform

Hope that helps.

thanks again,
    Bettina

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bettina,

thank you for the information! Have you tried this plugin – it has essentially the same functionality as the former.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

BettinaForget
    Participant

Hey Andrii,

thank you for looking up an alternative plugin. I just installed it, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work. The plug-in’s API key field in the Settings menu is missing. Apparently Google Maps changed its API handling. I left a note in the support section of the plug-in’s developer, though there seems not to have been any activity for two years…

By the way, I think I found another small bug. I use the Gallery Slideshow plug-in to create easy click-through slide shows inside blog posts. The slide shows’ captions get jumbled up, and if I add another slide show further down in the post the slide show doesn’t work at all. I guess it’s another incompatibility?

Thanks,
    Bettina

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Bettina,

could you please tell me the name of the plugin which generates the slideshows – I will take a look at how it interacts with Ikebana. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.