Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

How do i link categories to projects?

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support How do i link categories to projects?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    publicview
    Participant

Hi,

Perhaps I am missing something, but I cannot see how to link projects to categories. Can you advise?

Thanks,
    PV

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey PV,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The “projects” post type has its own taxonomy in Ikebana, called portfolio tags (they can be viewed by visiting “Portfolio -> Tags” admin section). Only classic WordPress posts are linked with the “category” taxonomy in Ikebana, yet if you do need to link the “project” post type to the “category” taxonomy as well, you can achieve this by adding a “register_taxonomy_for_object_type” call to the theme’s functions.php file.

I’ve prepared a modified “functions.php” file for you which contains the above change – please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/) via ftp, replacing the existing files when prompted.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

publicview
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. And by the way, I love the theme!

What I am trying to do is replicate what you have on the Ikebana Theme Demo, the links on the left. I have created them, but can’t figure out how to make them operational.

Best,
    PV

publicview
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to replicate what you have on the Ikebana Theme Demo, with the links on the left. I have created them (tags), but have not been able to successfully link them to the Portfolio Projects. Can you please advise on how to accomplish this.

Thank you,
    PV

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey PV,

the icon menu in the left part of the demo uses the portfolio-related “tag” taxonomy I’ve mentioned above – once you have the tags (Portfolio -> Tags admin menu), you can create the icon menu items in the “Icon Menu” tab of the Theme Options panel. For more information and screenshots, please see pages 3-4 of the theme manual.

Should you have problems with the icon menu items, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.