Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Footer

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kenya Fever
    Participant

Hello,

Trying to figure out how to add a footer to my site. So far, unable to do it, and don’t see instructions in the manual. I’m sure it’s simple, and I’m missing something, but please let me know how to add the footer.

Thanks!

KF

site: http://www.sitetomorrow.com/home

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey KF,

in Kanso, like in most other WordPress themes, the footer is a widget area which can be populated by widgets; could you please try updating the theme with this file (unzip the archive and upload the contained file into the theme folder: /wp-content/themes/Kanso), refresh the website and then check the “Appearance -> Widgets” admin section – is there a “Footer” widget area available for adding widgets? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Laurens Hoogland
    Participant

Heya Andrii.

I had the same problem as Kenya.

Downloaded ur fix file but the problem still occurs.
    There is no Footer Widget Area where i can place the widgets in.

Pls help,

Kind regards,

Laurens Hoogland

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Laurens,

I think I’ve figured out where the problem lies; the new interface of WordPress version 3.8 was already included into Kanso before WP 3.8 came out, and when it did, the widgets section conflicted in a couple of places – the Footer widget area is still there, yet it became unseeable as a result of a CSS overlap. In any case, please try this fix, please download the attached archive, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso) replacing the existing files. Please let me know if it fixes the issue!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Laurens Hoogland
    Participant

He Andrii,

I added the files, but unfortunatly it didnt resolved the problem.
    The footer widget in Widget Dashboard still wont show up.

Hope there is another way to fix this.

Greets,

Laurens Hoogland

Kenya Fever
    Participant

I added the new files, and the footer widget became visible, BUT, as soon as I clicked the ‘Add Widget’ button, it disappeared again.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Laurens and KF,

please try disabling the “Admin Interface” plugin in the “Plugins” admin section – it seems that it is that one that is causing certain CSS overlaps; I’ve included the plugin, which contained the new WordPress admin interface into Kanso even before the interface was officially released as WordPress 3.8, and now is has become obsolete, since the latest version of WordPress already incorporates most of it. Please let me know if switching off the plugin fixes the widget area issue!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Laurens Hoogland
    Participant

He Andrii,

That did indeed fixed the problem:)

Thnx and good day too you,

Laurens
    On-Lijn

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Great to hear!

I’ve added this fix to the theme update 1.2.1 which is already available from ThemeForest ;)

Best,
    A / Satori Studio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.