Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Feature request: categories grid

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support Feature request: categories grid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    skafte
    Participant

Hi there Andrii,

Hope you are well.

Just a feature request – in case I am right and this is not already possible somehow? – it would be great if it was possible to use the Visual Composer’s ‘Post Grids’ feature to add a categories grid (ie. showing a selected group of category thumbnails). Here’s an example of another theme with this feature: http://mr-tailor.getbowtied.com/ (Men’s Clothing, Jumpers & Cardigans, etc.).

Just an idea :-)

Thanks,

Jonas

skafte
    Participant

PS. I have also been trying to use the ‘Posts Grid’ element from Visual Composer to display a selected group of pages. However I can’t seem to get it to work and I am wondering if it’s a bug? I purchased the Visual Composer plug-in, thinking that perhaps it would be a bug there and that maybe it would have been fixed in one of the latest updates. Unfortunately, to my disappointment, this didn’t fix the issue but instead messed up my pages and I ended up re-installing the version of Visual Composer that came with the Shogun theme.

Any ideas why this may be?

Here are a couple of screenshots of my settings: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e893gkx11cqh6zp/AAAh1xB1oHuV7PYVJ6Ts79J_a?dl=0

Thanks,

J

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

regarding the category/other taxonomy grid: the standard Visual Composer built into Shogun does not have this feature yet; you might want to look at this VC add-on plugin, I suspect it has what you need. Also, here’s the full list of VC addons, there are some handy ones among them.

Regarding the Posts Grid element: I’ve tested the feature using your settings and hasn’t been able to duplicate the problem. Would you be able to provide a live URL of the page in question? (ideally, admin access would speed up the troubleshooting even more of course)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for this!

I’d actually already found that add-on, but I was thinking that perhaps it would be a good in-built feature to have in the theme. Anyway, I’m going to try out the add-on and see if I can get it to work as I hope to have it. Thanks for taking the time to find and share the add-on with me! Much appreciated.

In regards to the Posts Grid element issue, then I’ll send you a separate email just after this with log-in details to my dev site. Thanks for being so helpful.

Cheers,

Jonas

skafte
    Participant

Just thought I would share this with you; twibd’s (the author of earlier discussed VP grid add-on) response to my question if it’s possible to display a grid of categories with their thumbnails:

Hi,
    Thanks for asking the question. This is not possible to use the categories thumbnail at this moment. We will think about that with next version. But this is possible to use thumbnail of products with category wise.

Thanks

So I guess it’s perhaps still an interesting feature to add for a future update of the theme…?

Best,

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

I will consider adding this into one of the future updates, yet I must tell right away that it is unlikely to appear in the nearest future – the feature is quite niche, compared to other ones in the pipeline, and requires adding a whole new module to the built-in instance of the Visual Composer.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for taking a look at this and for considering it as a future feature. I completely understand if you think it’s a bit of a niche thing, which you don’t want to spend too much time on right away. Hopefully the guy developing the add-on you suggested will get it integrated in his add-on sometime soon, and then I can use that instead. Alternatively, I’ll look into other ways of structuring the site.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a realistic idea of the prospect of this happening.

Thanks,

Jonas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.