Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Continue Reading on Portfolio Page

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Continue Reading on Portfolio Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Barbara

Hi, I just relaunched my website http://www.baby-led-weaning.de with your great theme. But there is one problem: On my portfolio items that are Typ “Link” there is a continue reading link I do not manage to translate. I translated all “read mores” via Loco Translate to German “weiterlesen”.
    I also tried to change line 256 in functions.php (function no_more_jumping)
    But it still says “continue reading”.
    What am I missing?
    Thanks for your help
    Barbara

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Barbara,

please try changing line 256 of the functions.php file, namely substituting “Continue Reading” with “Weiterlesen” or any other text you wish to indicate the link with.

Let me know if this doesn’t have the desired effect!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Barbara

Hi Andrii,

Thats what I tried first but it is not working for the portfolio page. The markup does not show any “read more” class as in the functions.php

It seems to be generated somewhere within the content_link.php file

<p>Barbara & Leonie: Wie war das bei uns mit dem BLW Continue reading <span class=”meta-nav”>→</span></p>

Any other idea?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Barbara,

in this case your theme’s code has been customized; please send me the WordPress login details to support[at]satoristudio.net and I will have a look.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Barbara

Hi Andrii,
    I created an account for you and sent you the data. Did you receive it?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Barbara,

I’ve found the email now, it went into spam and currently the link has expired; could you please re-send it? Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Barbara

Hi Andrii, I just sent you the data. Hope that works and many thanks in advance!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Barbara,
    thank you, now it’s working!
    The “Continue reading” link is not set by the theme, it’s the “Q and A FAQ and Knowledge Base for WordPress” plugin. It modifies the “the_excerpt()” function on its own – if you disable it or replace with another similar plugin, the extra link will go away, as intended by the theme.

If you wish to keep the link, you will need to translate it in the plugin, not the theme.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Barbara

Thank you very much for helping me debugging. I scanned all the files but really didn’t think the plugin would have impact on the main page…

Best regards
    Barbara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.