Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Contact form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thoughton
    Participant

My Kanso themed site has been online for about 3 days now, but without a contact form. Yesterday I added the default contact form (the one imported from the demo) to my one-page design.

Today I received some contact form spam :)

I can’t see any settings for the Contact form plugin anywhere. Is there any kind of captcha included? Or any suggestions which captchas will work with it?

Thanks.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Timothy,

the Kanso theme uses the Grunion Contact Form as the basis for its contact form generator; there is no captcha available at the moment, can be emulated easily by including a “checkbox”-type field, declaring it as required and giving it a name like “Check this if you are human” :) However, if you do want a contact form with a captcha, I would recommend the Contact Form 7 plugin.

To reduce comment spam, you can also try Akismet, a tool built by the same team who created WordPress itself. Although it’s not 100% perfect, it should filter out the majority of spam messages for you (I’m using it on all my WP installs).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

thoughton
    Participant

Hi Andrii, thanks for the reply.

I did consider using Akismet, but will it work on a regular contact form? I thought it only works on blog comments?

I normally use CF7, so switching to that isn’t a big problem.

Cheers,

Tim

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Tim,

Akismet also filters out contact form spam, as far as I am aware of – they are both made by the WordPress theme, thus are quite compatible.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

thoughton
    Participant

That’s interesting! I don’t understand what will happen if it gets flagged as spam – there is no ‘spam’ queue the way there is for blog comments. I will investigate, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.