Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Contact Form on Generic Page

New Front EN Support Forums Pre-Order Questions Contact Form on Generic Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    timothylondon
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to put a contact form in the side bar which appears throughout the website, so that readers can enter their email address and it gets sent through to me so i can add to my list? Or does the contact form only work on the contact us page?

Alternatively if it cannot go into the side bar is it possible to just put it on a generic page?

Tim.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Tim!

Thank you for expressing interest in our items!

To answer your question: the contact form can be inserted into any page or post using the special form generator, which lets you add or remove fields and adjust other settings. You can also insert the form into any of the widgetized areas, by simply copying the shortcode generated by the in-page form insertion system into a text widget.

If you’re using any of the popular subscription and mailing services such as MailChimp or Mad Mimi, I would highly recommend using the relevant third-party widgets (e.g. this and this) since they also allow for easy synchronization and mailing list management.

Should you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Hi Andrew…

I signed up for MailChimp and uploaded the widget, but the sign-up form is too big for the sidebar widget area and ends up cut off on one side. Is there a fix for this? Would Mad Mimi work better…

Thanks,
    Susan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Susan,

could you please provide the URL of the web page in question? I would need to look at the code to provide the exact solution.

Thank you!
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Sure Andrew…

And by the way, I made a switch to Mad Mimi because the sign-up form is less intrusive and I like the simplicity of their design…the widget has the same problem as the MailChimp widget did though…

http://foodsleepandsex.com/

Thanks!
    Susan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Susan,

to fix the appearance of the Mad Mimi widget, please go to “Appearance -> Editor” and add these lines to the bottom of the “style.css” file (should be opened by default):

#sidebar .madmimi h3 { float: none !important; }
    #sidebar .madmimi p { margin: 10px 0 !mportant; padding-left: 12px !important; }
    #sidebar .madmimi form input { float: none !important; }
    #sidebar .madmimi form .button { margin-top: 10px !important; }
    #sidebar .madmimi form { padding-left: 12px !important; }

Do not forget to press “Update file” afterwards to save the changes!

Let me know if the code works as intended.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

That worked! It looks great.
    Thanks again.

Be well,
    Susan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Great to hear!

Should anything else pop up, do not hesitate to contact me!

Best,
    A. | Satori Studio

hrimati
    Participant

Hi again…

ok, the sigm-up widget looks great, but when i tested it by entering my own email it got crazy.
    It returned a bunch code above my top menu and the alignment at the side is off again.
    help!

susan

hrimati
    Participant

ok…you can scratch the former post, but I still need some help.
    I de-installed the madmimi widget when I realized it was a 3rd party widget, and re-installed the MailChimp widget. It is working fine but the sign-up form is still too big and it screws up the text layout.
    Any (more) help would be much appreciated :-)

Susan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.