Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Category as homepage

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Category as homepage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SocietyTouhou
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Been a long time since I asked questions here, still very happy with your template but I need a bit of help. I would like to set a category page as the sites homepage, while browsing on wordpress forums everybody wrote that it’s supposed to be defined in the theme itself, so I was wondering do you have any hints on how to do that?

Cheers,
    Denis

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Denis,

setting a category archive page as a front page of a website is definitely not possible via the default WordPress settings; the only two feasible ways that I can imagine are:
    1). create a new template file that would mimic the category page by using a custom “wp_query” loop, and assign a page with this template as a static front page.
    2). modify the “index.php” template to include only a certain category, and then set the front page as the “posts page”.

Both cases would require altering the theme’s php files, which is considered as a theme customization and therefore unfortunately is not covered by the ThemeForest support offer. I could propose to make the necessary changes myself for a small fee, yet my schedule is packed at the moment; if you need, I can advise a couple of decent and value-for-money freelance service aggregators.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.