Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Adding a blog through a link on menu bar

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Adding a blog through a link on menu bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wontonator
    Participant

Hello, first of all I would like to say that the theme has been working great for me so far but I do have a question regarding the one page site.

I was hoping to have a ‘Blog’ link in the menu bar (that would go along side the about, portfolio headings) but that would take me to a separate tumblr blog. Is this possible? Sorry if this is incredibly simple and I’ve just missed something.

Thanks very much,

regards,

Euan.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Euan,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The possibility to add outside links to the one-page layout menu has been added in theme’s version 1.5, following multiple requests from the theme users. You can now create a new menu in the “Appearance -> Menus” admin section, add the link(s) you need (only the external ones, because the one-page links are generated automatically based on the settings in the “One-page website” tab of the Theme Options panel), and assign the new menu to the “Main menu” location using the checkbox underneath.

Should you have problems adding the menu items, or have any other questions about Kanso, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

wontonator
    Participant

That’s great! Thanks very much and thank you for getting back to me so quickly. What would be the best way to update to version 1.5?

Thanks,

Euan.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Euan,

my apologies for the slow reply!

To update a WordPress theme, please follow these steps:
    1). Unzip the downloadable package containing the latest version, i.e. “Kanso_WP_Theme_Package.zip”
    2). Inside the resulting folder, locate the “Kanso_Installable.zip” archive, and unzip it in turn.
    3). Upload the entire unzipped folder (it should have the name “Kanso”) into the following directory of your WordPress installation using FTP: wp-content/themes/ , overwriting all files when prompted.

Should you face problems in the process, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.