Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

5 Column Layout with VC Plugin

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support 5 Column Layout with VC Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Andrii Sensei,
    Somehow I can not get managed tocreate a 5 Column Layout for my TEAM Page. 4 or 6 columnes is fine, but when I manually change to 1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5 + 1/5, the columns are not shown as columns, but like rows, one under the other.

Respectfully
    Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

the Visual Composer plugin, which serves as the basis for Shogun’s integrated content builder solution, unfortunately does not allow creating 5-column layouts because it is based on the Bootstrap principles and its 12-column layout grid, i.e. all column configurations must be factors of 12. The primary logic behind this widely-used standard is based on the fact that 5-based layouts are very difficult to combine with other column widths to get a full-width grid, e.g. 1/6 + 1/3 + 1/2 fits well together because it equals 1 (in turn, because all of the denominators are divisors of 12), yet anything like 1/5 + 1/3 + … or 1/5 + 1/2 + … would become very complicated as one would need to add very thin columns like 1/10 or even 1/15.

Thank you for your understanding!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Andrii Sensei,
    Looks like I have to either throw out one of my members or add a new one :-D

Hmmm I am a bit worried, have to think about another solution. Will find one!
    Thank you

Respectfully Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

just an idea – you can add six columns and have some extra space on front or after all the members for some extra description of the team ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Andrii Sensei,
    you read my mind ;-)

Respectfully Thomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.