Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Fuji child theme file paths breaking

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Fuji child theme file paths breaking

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jcole
    Participant

I recently created a child theme out of my Fuji theme modifications to upgrade to the latest version of Fuji.

It looks like the get_template_directory_uri() functions in the theme and child theme files are retuning the child theme path instead of the parent theme path.

My understanding is that this function should return the parent theme: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_template_directory_uri

Do you know why this might be? Has anyone else run into similar issues with Fuji child themes?

Thanks,
    John

jcole
    Participant

This is happening in both child theme files and in the wp-admin. For example, if I move index.php to the child theme to modify it. In wp-admin, the option tree panel styling is broken as well as the theme menu icons which are breaking (and looking in the child theme for the icon images).

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear John,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

Could you please tell me which version of Fuji you are using? In 2.1, all get_stylesheet_directory_uri instances have been replaced by get_template_directory_uri to enable links in the child theme – I’ve tested that on a fresh installation and all links seemed to work well for the child theme (including the index.php file). And indeed, the latter template tag is designed specifically to return the parent theme filepaths. If I am not getting the question correctly, please clarify.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

jcole
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am currently using 2.1 after upgrading my site from 2.0.

I do see the get_stylesheet_directory_uri to get_template_directory_uri change in the code, but get_template_directory_uri was still pulling the child dir path in my child theme when it was activated instead of the desired parent path.

After days of trouble-shooting the child theme, I eventually had to go back to modifying the updated version 2.1 theme files. :(

My sense is that the theme settings/options were somehow incorrect in the database, which was confusing the child theme.

John

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear John,

it is difficult to tell what is wrong from the information you’ve provided – if you wish, you can send me your website’s admin credentials and ftp login/password to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed), so that I could look closer.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.