Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Anchoring the footer at the bottom of the page

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support Anchoring the footer at the bottom of the page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rads

Hello! I’m having problem with anchoring the footer to the bottom. http://screencast.com/t/zYeY50cDdCt
    I successeded to position it to the bottom with
    position:fixed;
    left:0px;
    bottom:0px;
    but then I have problem with larger content which goes over footer. Is there some easy fix for this issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    Radmila Zelic Josimov

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Radmila,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

this is exactly why the footer is not being fixed in most of WordPress themes – including mine – if you fix it, it will always stick to the bottom of the window, not the bottom of content – and if the content is larger than the browser window, it will show over on under the footer, which is of course not very good-looking. There’s no logical way to have both, so I’m afraid you will need to choose: either fix the footer on the page (but it will overlap the content sometimes) – OR let the footer stay in the natural flow of the elements (then it will not show up at the bottom of the page unless you don’t have enough content on the page). Based on my theming experience, I would recommend the second way, which is also used in the majority of all WP themes.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.