Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Creating a Portfolio

New Front EN Support Forums Sensei Theme Support Creating a Portfolio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    miked9995
    Participant

Greetings,

Love the theme and all that I can do with it.
    Trying to create a portfolio while reading the manual but am still a little confused. Any advise would be great.

mmsatoristudio

Hey Miked9995!

First of all, thank you for the purchase and for the kind words!

Here’s how you can create a portfolio page in Sensei:
    1). Create one or more portfolio items by going to “Portfolio -> Add New” in the admin menu. In case you want your future portfolio to be filterable, be sure to add tags to each portfolio item using the box on the right hand side of the item edit screen.
    2). It is recommended to add a featured image to each portfolio item, otherwise only text will show up on the portfolio page. Please see page 4 of the theme manual for a screenshot of how to add a featured image in WordPress.
    3). Create a portfolio page by clicking “Pages -> Add New” in the admin menu. In the “Page Attributes” box to the right of the text edit area, choose one of the portfolio-type page templates from the “Template” drop-down.
    4). Voila! :) If you visit your portfolio page now, you should see the individual items displayed in a grid of one or several columns, depending on how many you chose in the previous step. The filter above the items will consist of the tags you’ve given to your portfolio items.

If this doesn’t help, please describe the outcome you’ve got so far, and I’ll help you complete the process and/or provide more screenshots ;)

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

miked9995
    Participant

Ok, I want to know if I can make the pages that the image shows up on after it is clicked on bigger? The page that it uses is a fixed layout and I would like it to be a full page layout. If this makes sense.

miked9995
    Participant

Thanks for your help on the portfolio. I got it working and love the way it looks. Still working on the size issue though. The images are just too small when they are full size. Maybe If I can add a link to them to a full size page with the full image on it that would work too. any thoughts.

mmsatoristudio

I apologize for a delay in my reply!

Let me clarify – you would like the pages that show individual portfolio items to have a full-screen fluid layout, is that correct? Or you’d like to keep the fixed layout and make portfolio images clickable, so that the full-size version is displayed on mouse-click?

Could you please provide the URL of your website so that I could have a closer look at the code? Thanks!

Best,
    A. | Satori

miked9995
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Yes I would like the full screen image to be displayed with a mouse click. The site is japanpopculture.com. The portfolio is under the anime – anime charts tab. When you click on the thumbnail it will display the image in a different page but the image is still too small. You can’t read it very well. I would like to make that image full screen or be able to link to the image in its normal size. Thanks for your help.

mmsatoristudio

The URL you’ve provided doesn’t seem to be an active website – could you please double-check it? Thanks!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

miked9995
    Participant

lol sorry just noticed that. japanpopculturehq.com

mmsatoristudio

Sensei does not natively support the way you wish to display the images in portfolio, but I’ve made a custom template file for you to make it possible: please download it here, unzip and upload into the theme folder (wp-content/themes/Sensei), replacing the original file.

Let me know if it works as you wanted!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

miked9995
    Participant

Thanks I can’t wait to put it to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.