Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

What templates (php) are used for category, tag and author archives?

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support What templates (php) are used for category, tag and author archives?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oren
    Participant

Hi,
    Best theme and support ever!

Now, I’m working on a website and I’ve created some categories and tags. When I click the link (either on the website or “view” in category page in the back-end) – it takes me to 404 page (“no results”).
    THERE ARE pages associated with these categories.

Also, I’m trying to edit these category, tag and “author” templates – but I couldn’t find them in the theme files.
    Maybe I should change their taxonomy to work properly?

I’m using a child-theme.

Here’s a temp link

Thank you!

Oren

• This topic was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by mmsatori.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Oren,

cool customization!

The category, tag, date, and author archive code is located right inside the theme’s “index.php” file – however, without an admin level access I am not able to troubleshoot it on your instance of the theme. Could you please upgrade the user you’ve provided to an admin; please note that I’ve edited your post to remove the login details, just in case – in such situations it’s always safer to send an email to support@satoristudio.net ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

oren
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for replying (and editing my message:)
    I upgraded the user to admin, so now you can log in and change whatever needed. As told, I just need to have the ability to customize the author, tag and category templates. If you can even just guide me to what file/lines to look at, and I’ll continue with the php work.

You can see here’s an example to “project” that uses all three taxonomies (portfolio-tag, tag, category). I want their links (category- on the left side. tag- at the bottom of the post) to link to the appropriate templates.

By the way, I’ve update also some code in the parent theme (Ikebana original folder’s functions.php). Just so you know.

Thanks,

Oren

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Oren,

the archive templates, apart from the portfolio tags, are located in the theme’s index.php file:
    – the category archive template is lines 46-54
    – the date archive template is lines 5-18
    – the tag archive template is lines 34-43

The current taxonomies do not work because of the extra code you’ve added on lines 404-425 of the “functions.php” file inside the parent theme: they are not needed since the relevant declarations already exist; and I recommend to delete them, otherwise the native WP taxonomies get broken. E.g. if you remove the piece of code that declares the category taxonomy, the category links on the project you’ve linked to earlier start working ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

oren
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks a lot!

So far all good, but there’s one thing:
    I want the Category, Tag and Author templates refer to the PROJECTS, not to the native wordpress posts.

As you can see, I used the “content-aside” format as the “post” format (because I want them to appear in the portfolio, so they have to be “project” post-type, right?).

My final goal is to show in the category template the list of the related projects (which are, as I said, only content-aside format projects).

Right now, the category template is looking for POSTS, and not for PROJECTS… so this is the only change I want to do… (add these taxonomies to the project post-type).

Hope I’ve been clear enough (:

THANKS,

Oren

oren
    Participant

I think I got it!

I’ve added to functions.php (line 383):
    ‘taxonomies’ => array(‘category’,’post_tag’,’tagportfolio’)

so the “project” post-type will recognize the “category” and “tag” taxonomies.

Than I added before the loop in category.php (yes, I use one:) this:
    query_posts( array(‘post_type’ => ‘project’) );

so it will call these post types.

And that’s it!

So far I worked only on the category.php, and now I’ll create the tag.php and author.php as well.

If I’ll have any Issues, I’ll post again (:

THANKS A LOT, ANDRII!

Oren

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Oren,

glad to hear that the taxonomy issue has been resolved! Should you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.