Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Two seperate portfolios on one page

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Two seperate portfolios on one page

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ploski4
    Participant

Hi! I would first like to compliment your wonderful themes and also your response on the support forum. I can see you are more than willing to help.

I am working on a site (www.mediaumetnost.si, but is currently in maintenance mode) with your Kanso theme, which I find excellent and relatively easy to set up, but I have a problem that is bugging me. Is it possible to make two seperate portfolios on my site? For instance, “portfolio 1” and “portfolio 2”. Both would be in the menu and each would hold different portfolio items. When I try to do it, I always end up with the same portfolio shared on both pages…

thank you in advance,
    regards, Luka

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by ploski4.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Luka,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

By design, Kanso has a single portfolio page template which always displays all projects; there are two ways to extend this functionality to multiple portfolios, yet please note that both require a certain amount of theme customization:
    – either creating a new custom post type (i.e. “Project 2” or similar) and a new page template to display that post type (this path requires solid knowledge of php as well as understanding of how WordPress post types and loops work;
    – or creating two project tags (“Portfolio -> Tags”) and two new page templates (or adding two parts to the “page_one-page.php” template to display only projects associated with each tag.

The first option is more fundamental and offers more flexibility, yet requires considerable changes in the theme’s architecture; I would be able to help out with the second path if you choose it though, as it is not so demanding in terms of development time.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

ploski4
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply, Andrii.
    I think we should first make a firm decision about what content to add to our site, and then see what to do next, and if the offer still stands then, I would kindly ask you to help out with the second path.

Sincerely, Luka

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Alright, Let me know if you need any help ;)

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.