Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

twitter feed not showing

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support twitter feed not showing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I followed the steps to create the Twitter widget. The heading shows up in the footer but the tweets are not displaying. Any insight?

Thanks!
    Leslye

p.s. I am still working on getting my dev site live so you can look at the loading issues. Hoping today or tomorrow. The fact that I’m still using MAMP and localhost wouldn’t be the reason for the twitter feed problem, would it?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Leslye,

it actually might be. The Twitter widget was updated in theme version 1.2 following the change in Twitter’s API, so if your theme is version 1.2 or above, it should work fine. If you have Ikebana 1.1 or below, please update the theme.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I am using version 1.2. Any other ideas?

Also my dev site is live at http://dev.ljwood.com. Can you please take a look at the loading issues we have discussed before?

And one more question: How do I get the URL to go to my home page rather than a page that says ‘no results’ and ‘no widgets here yet’?

Many thanks,
    Leslye

Thank you!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

– Regarding the Twitter widget: please try downloading this archive, unzipping it, and uploading the resulting folder into the following directory:
    /wp-content/plugins/
    replacing any existing files. Then go to “Appearance -> Widgets” and apply the Twitter widget to the sidebar of your choice. The new version of the widget should ask you to create several tokens and keys using the Twitter API.

– The URL of the development website that you’ve provided does not work – could you please double-check?

– Which URL do you have in mind in your last question?

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Thanks for the Twitter files. I will upload and let you know what happens.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot the dev site can’t be viewed by anyone but me yet. Will keep you posted.

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I uploaded the new twitter widget files and my feed is still not showing up.

The dev site is live now, so you should be able to access it: http://dev.ljwood.com.

I am going to open another thread for the loading problems I am still having.

Thanks!
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

please send me your admin login and password to support@satoristudio.net, I will take a look at the Twitter widget.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

I’ve tried to set up the Twitter widget on your website with a test account, and it works fine. Please try copying the access data from your Twitter Developer Center once more, paying attention to the codes – last time you’ve added extra spaces in front of every code, and mixed up the consumer key and consumer secret.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Working now, thank you, guess it was my ditzyness!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.