Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Slider image dimensions

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support Slider image dimensions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sculley
    Participant

What size do the slide images need to be? I didn’t see that on the manual. I got the size (960 x 330) from your demo site but the dimensions don’t work: they’re all skewed.

Thanks much!

Sculley
    Participant

Can you please advise?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sculley,

my apologies for the delay in my reply!

The slider images are indeed 960×330 px. As far as I can see from your website, the image (the one with stacked rocks) you are currently using in the slider is 2048×1536 px, which would translate, without losing the aspect ratio, to 960×720 px (retaining the width) or 440×330 px (retaining the height). Please use an image for the slider which is 960×330 px or is proportional to these dimensions (e.g. 1920x660px).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Sculley
    Participant

That is so strange. I uploaded it twice at exactly 960×330 (isn’t supposed to be 950?) and deleted all the other photos that someone had tried. I don’t get how this huge one is in there and up there…..

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sculley,

you’re absolutely right, it’s 950px instead of 960px – thank you for the correction. Still, regarding your situation:
    – please make sure that you are uploading the images into the slides in the “Header Slider” tab of the Theme Options panel, and that you hit the “Save All Changes” in the top right after you upload the image.
    – if you are using any sort of caching plugin (e.g. W3 Total Cache or the like), please deactivate it while the website is in development, and hard-refresh your browser.

Please let me know if none of the above helps resolve the problem!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Sculley
    Participant

So weird. I did exactly what I did before and now it’s working (still need to work on the cropping but at least the size is correct). Thank you!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sculley,

glad to hear the problem has been resolved! Should there be any further glitches with the image upload, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Sculley
    Participant

Curious how you knew what website I was talking about.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sculley,

since you’ve posted on the forums previously (ca a year ago), I assumed it is the same website (http://conwaywearybodywork.com/) we talked about back then; the slider image was indeed distorted. In case I’d been in doubts, I’d surely clarify this with you ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Sculley
    Participant

Oh no, so glad you’re so astute. I was just curious :-). Thought it was that but couldn’t remember if i had posted before. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.