Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Retina Pictures in Pages

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Retina Pictures in Pages

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    quentro
    Participant

Hi,

how do I place retina ready pictures in a page? Just make them 144dpi?

Thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Quentro,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

Kanso contains a script that automatically replaces images with their high-resolution variants on retina and similar displays. This means that you need to upload a separate optimized version for each image, into the same folder as the original one, and name it using Apple’s prescribed high-resolution modifier (@2x): e.g. „image@2x.png“ will be regarded as a retina version of „image.jpg“. The images can be of the same resolution, but twice as large, or of the same size, but of twice the resolution (i.e. for a 50dpi, 300×300 image a retina version would have to be 50dpi 600×600 or 100dpi 300×300). This is a recommended solution since it does not overload the pages unnecessarily on lower-resolution displays, trying to load larger images.

You could, of course, simply use large and high-resolution images throughout the website, in which case they would stay crisp on hi-res displays (note that in this case the performance for low-res displays will suffer).

Finally, if you need more fine-tuning (e.g. making only some of the images retina-ready), I would recommend using the WP Retina 2X plugin.

You can find additional information about the hi-res image usage in Kanso on pages 12-13 of the theme manual.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

quentro
    Participant

Andrii, thank you so much. Top support. 5 stars ;)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it helps!

Should you have other questions or issues with the theme, do not hesitate to contact me.

By the way, I would be very grateful if you could rate the theme and the support from the Downloads tab of your ThemeForest account.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

quentro
    Participant

Already did, as I said, 5 stars ;)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Thanks Quentro!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.