Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

project permalink modification

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support project permalink modification

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sylvio
    Participant

Hello
    The portfolio have originally the following url structure : /project/portfolioitems
    If someone use the link /project he becomes a list of portofolios displayed as a list of articles.
    What I would like to do is to build a page using a portfolio template such as 3 columns with ie. the permalink /portfolio and I would like that the portofolio items are then using the url /portfolio/portfoliositem.
    Is it possible ?
    How could we change the /project permalink ?

Thanks for help
    Regards

Sylvio
    Participant

I also wanted to know if there is a (simple) way to add the “Background/slider source of images” to the project(portfolio) items as for page and post.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sylvio,

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). This is out of the scope of the theme back-end capabilities, yet I will try to help out: one needs to alter the “rewrite” array for the code which generates the “project” custom post type. This is located in the theme’s functions.php file – I’ve prepared a custom one for you, which contains the necessary changes (line 383). Please unzip the archive, and upload the resulting file into the theme folder via ftp (/wp-content/themes/Tokyo). After that you might need to flush the permalink cache – you can do this by going to the “Settings -> Permalinks” admin section, changing the radio button to any other setting than your current one, saving the settings, and then resetting the radio to the one you had originally (“post name” I presume).

2). I agree, this would be a good addition to the theme’s functionality! I’ve prepared an updated file – please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained file into the following folder:
    /wp-content/themes/Tokyo/includes/supersized/includes/
    replacing the existing file. Then refresh the website – the background choice options should now appear on the projects as well.

Please let me know if the above information helps achieve the desired outcomes!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Sylvio
    Participant

Thank you very much. It is working except I can’t use the /portfolio permalink for the portfolio page. Whatever I can live with this :-)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sylvio,

you’re right, the /portfolio permalink will be reserved for the taxonomy, unfortunately I think there’s no way we can make it usable by a page in this case, this is just how WordPress permalink structure works.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.