Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio tags on Widgets and Portfolio as Blog

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Portfolio tags on Widgets and Portfolio as Blog

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    raulfuzz

I just recently bought the Ikebana theme and i´m loving it, and have a couple of questions (i already addressed one on a previous topic, but maybe it slipped through).

Anyway, i should have checked the demo not well enough, because i thought i could display blog posts on the front page using the masonry layout. My bad! I´ve already guessed a walkaround, using Portfolio projects as posts. It´s nice that SEO can be applied to projects (although i miss a “category” column on the projects list in the backend to sort them out visually…). But being able to combine in the same grid blogs and projects would be awesome. Or, at least, being able to apply the portfolio grid directly to blog entries.

Is it possible yet? Is there a chance it can be done?

On the other hand, using projects as blog posts, is there any way i can use a widget on a sidebar de lists projects tags? I only find the usual blog categories, but nothing on portfolio tags, which would fit nicely with using “portfolio” as a blog…

Thanks! And congrats on a great theme!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Raulfuzz,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

At the moment it is unfortunately not possible to combine blog posts and portfolio projects on a single grid, the logic being that the “Portfolio” page template is used for projects, and the classical page (the one that is set in the “Settings -> Reading” admin section) is used to display the blog posts. You can, however, use the projects (or format “standard” or “aside” or any other, for that matter) to include post-like tiles into the masonry. In case the only difference for you in this case is the fact that projects do not have categories and only tags, let me know, I can help you add one more custom taxonomy for projects.

Regarding your second question – there’s no separate default widget for listing portfolio tags like the one that exists for post categories, yet you can use the List Custom Taxonomy widget. Alternatively, again, I can show you a little customization that allows extending the category taxonomy to projects as well.

By the way, in order to display more columns in the project list on the admin side, you can try using this plugin.

Please let me know in case I’ve misunderstood any of the issue, or in case more questions pop up ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

raulfuzz

Thank you so much for your answers. I´ll check those plugins and that custom taxonomy would be great, i think. Because i´m thinking it´d be nice to be able to assign one of two parent tags to projects (blog or portfolio), in order to separate one kind of project from the other, and then classify by different tags by topic, genre or whatever.

Agan, thx!

raulfuzz

By the way, it´s not on topic, but i´m going crazy trying to change the contact form fields color. It´s probably an easy thing to find and do, but i´m stuck. Any hint?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.