Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio Project Titles

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Portfolio Project Titles

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    joshualukesmith
    Participant

Hello there,
    I would like to know if you could supply me with some custom CSS so that my portfolio project titles don’t display, or are hidden! I know this sounds strange but it is because I am using my portfolio projects as actual pages, I want to use the the roll over effect (where the page title displays) but not actually in the project page as I will manually put in my own title, does this make sense?

You can see my site here – http://www.merciawebservice.co.uk/stmichaelsbath

Also – is there a way of making certain words in the excerpt sections of the page to apear in italic or bold for example, so they are not all the same?

Thanks VERY much! I have been recommending your theme!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Joshua,

to hide all headings on projects, please try using this CSS:

.single-project #content h1 { display: none; }

Regarding the excerpt styling: since they are already in italics, I can show you how to make them bold and/or non-italic (be sure to remove all spaces inside the tags for them to work):

This is excerpt as usual. 
     This sentence will be in bold . 
     This will be in non-italic .

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

joshualukesmith
    Participant

Thank you! Is it possible just to add that code to certain words to make them bold, not the whole text? Thanks so much for your help x

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Joshua,

sorry that I didn’t mention this – sure, you can wrap the respective tags around any amount of text, starting from one letter ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

joshualukesmith
    Participant

Thank you so much!
    Could you provide with the custom css to hide the page titles within a page ( they are pages not on the main navigation bar !)

Thanks so much – then I am finished!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Joshua,

sorry, not sure I understood what you meant, yet in case you’re talking about page headings, you can remove them on per-page basis using the “Hide page title” setting in the “Page Settings” box while in the editor mode for the particular page. If you had something else in mind, please let me know!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

joshualukesmith
    Participant

Ah perfect! Thanks very much…

Oh and last thing… is there a way to have the page title (on the right) of the the one page to NOT be underlined? I am finding the line sometimes goes through the word if this makes sense :)

joshualukesmith
    Participant

Oh no! Something has happened: I have created pages that I want to work through out the site but NOT be on the front page.. there will be links to them from within the projects.. for some reason they are all suddenly showing on my front page, even through they are not in my Main Menu! Do you know why this would be?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to finish the site tonight! Thank you!

joshualukesmith
    Participant

To make it more clear;
    All of a sudden my front page is displaying pages that are NOT in the main menu, just random one’s. It also has stopped scrolling down and displaying one of the pages that IS in the main menu.
    If you could help me out that would be amazing. The only pages that should be in the menu and on the front page are:

“Home”
    “Building Community”
    “Blessing a City”
    “Partners”
    “Contact”

I can give you log in details if need be?

THANKS!

joshualukesmith
    Participant

I worked it out – seems to be working normal again now :)

All I need to know is how to get rid of the underline effect on the onepage

Thanks x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.