Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio Page not working

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Portfolio Page not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikosan
    Participant

Hi
    I am very unhappy with the Ikebana theme. No matter what I do, there will be not Portfolio page with the dynamic masonery effect.
    -> Yes, I created several project articles
    -> PDF Manual states that now I can create a portfolio page, but fails to describe how
    -> tried to install the sample from the Ikebana_demo_content.xml, but all I get with the “Download and import file attachement” dialog box checked is a Gateway timeout error

I am running on a linux installation with WordPress 3.9.1

Please help

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Mikosan,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

Please try creating a new page (“Pages -> Add New”) and give it a “Portfolio” layout from the “Template” drop-down in the “Page Attributes” settings box on the right hand side of the page edit mode screen. Once you save this page, it will display all existing projects (i.e. items that have been created in the “Portfolio -> Add New” admin section).

My apologies if it hasn’t been described in enough details in the theme manual, I will extend that part for the next theme update. Thank you for pointing this out!

Regarding the content importer: this part of the WordPress back-end is not connected with the theme, if you are receiving an error message when trying to import the demo content, it is most probably connected with the settings of the server you are running your WordPress instance on. However, just in case, this is what you can do: go to “Appearance -> Themes”, change the theme to some default one (e.g. “Twenty Fourteen”) and run the importer again. In case it goes smoothly this time, please let me know – I will troubleshoot further.

Should you have additional questions about the theme, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

mikosan
    Participant

Hey Andrii
    Thank you for the fast reaction.
    Here is the current status:
    – Changed the Theme and uploaded the sample content -> worked
    – Changed back the -> still no portfolio page
    – Created Porfolio page -> still no Portfolio page
    – Changed Settings > Reading to Static Page, Front Page: Portfolio -> worked
    – Uploaded icons for the Icon Menu -> They are placed in the Media Library all right, but they won’t appear in the Icon List (also no Link appears in the
    field after uploading)
    – Site Icon is also not appearing where it should (left of the Menu bar)
    – I have no Menu items in the Menu Bar
    – facebook icon appeared after I defined the link
    – the whole setup makes a somewhat brittle impression:
    – Customize Panel of Ikebana is empty (no Site Title & Tagline, Navigation, Static Font Page)
    – Trying to insert Pictures from the Media Library is impossible: mouse changes to move indicator, selection impossible

All in all a little step forward, but still long way to go….
    Here is the link to the page: http://atwood-koschinsky.com

Sincerely – Michael

neonbrand
    Participant

Same problem here, unfortunately the masonry effect isn’t working for us either. You can see it on our homepage: theogsb.com

Gone through the same steps as Mikosan, and still no luck. Help! :)

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Michael, Neonbrand,

this is just to inform that it will take some more time to investigate the issue, I will provide a detailed reply until the end of the week. Thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Michael, Neonbrand,

I will reply to each of the cases separately. Michael’s first:

1). The URL you’ve provided looks like this at the moment: screenshot; thus I assume that the masonry portfolio issue has been resolved.

2). The images on the icon menu and the logo: when uploading an image in the Theme Options panel, in case the „File URL” field displays an attachment URL (ending with „?attachment_id=xx”) or an empty field, press the „File URL” button below the url field so that the link is a direct url of the image file (ends with the filename of the uploaded file).

3). To display a menu in the header, please create one and assign it to the “Main Menu” location in the “Theme locations” option under the “Menu settings” section, which can be found under the menu items in the “Appearance -> Menus” admin section.

4). In order to display the “Appearance -> Customize” view properly under the 3.8+ new WP interface, please update the theme to the latest version (3.2), available from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account.

5). Regarding the last issue (“Trying to insert Pictures from the Media Library is impossible: mouse changes to move indicator, selection impossible”) – I am not sure I understood the problem. Could you please provide a more detailed explanation, and access to the website’s back-end (so that I could troubleshoot at the source) – you can send the login data to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed).

Neonbrand, the masonry gaps are a known issue, and have been addressed in version 3.1; please update the theme to the latest version (3.2), which is available from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account. Let me know if the masonry layout improves after the update!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.