Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio next & previous button

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Portfolio next & previous button

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ojones
    Participant

Hi Satori, I have a multi-page site set up running Kanso with the portfolio set as my home page, I currently have over 30 items in the portfolio and have it set to display only 18 items on the home page through: Theme Options – Portfolio Page – Portfolio items per page: 18

The Buttons at the bottom of the portfolio tiles come up and this takes me to the next page allowing me to view the next set of portfolio items, but from here there is no previous page button like on the theme demo, and I cannot navigate back.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Oli

ojones
    Participant

I should let you know I tried the fix you provided here: https://satoristudio.net/forums/topic/another-portfolio-question/ and had no luck.

Thanks,

Oli

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Oli,

before I ask you for back-end access, could you please try updating your instance of Kanso to version 1.6 (available from the “Downloads” tab of your ThemeForest account) and let me know if the problem still persists? Thanks! You can update a theme by copying over the new theme’s files via ftp.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

ojones
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Andrii. I unfortunately only have the site running locally at this stage, I can put it on another url if you need to log in to look into the error.

I’m currently running 1.6 and the error has persists but I have now noticed that this error only occurs when the portfolio is set to the home page, when the portfolio is not set as the home page, the next – previous page buttons work fine. Hopefully that info helps.

Thanks,

Oli

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Oli,

I’ve managed to reproduce the bug, thank you for the additional information! It has to do with the way WordPress query needs to be accessed in order to get the current page number – for one or another reason the code differs on static front page versus any other part of the website. I’ve prepared a fix – please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the following directory inside your WP installation: /wp-content/themes/Kanso/includes/pager/ – replacing the existing file. Let me know if it corrects the error!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.