Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

portfolio icon menu system

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support portfolio icon menu system

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    alangreg

I have noticed that if I am not on the portfolio page but click on one of the menu icons on the left hand side then the website cannot find the portfolio page again – I have to click on my logo to get back. my website is http://www.alangregory.net

is there a solution?

alangreg

btw i have put on the url address alangregory.net in the url address bar of each icon but of course this takes me back to all the items on the portfolio – not the filtered results

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Alan,

please try switching to “Post name” url slug structure in the “Settings -> Permalinks” admin section – not only will this display the relevant parts of portfolio when clicking on icon menu items outside of the portfolio page (you’ll need to clear the “Link URL” field of each icon menu item in the Theme Options) – it will also make your URLs more semantic, which will in turn help both users and search engines orient themselves on your website.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

alangreg

briliant

but is there a way of not displaying the tag ie print on the portfolio – it just leaves a huge empty space with one word in it

alangreg

and carriage returns don’t seem to work, i cannot create white space

alangreg

neither <br> or <p> tags work

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Alan,

the text in the 2×1 tiles in tag-filtered views are sourced from the “Description” field of the respective tags, which you can alter in the “Portfolio -> Tags” admin section, by clicking on any of the existing tags on the right. WordPress automatically removes all html from such fields, so only plain text is possible here at the moment. If you’d like to remove the 2×1 tiles completely, please let me know, I will provide the instructions.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

alangreg

sorry – i didnt explain properly. I meant creating white space on the content pages e.g. http://www.alangregory.net/project/porterbrook-gallery/ all the images are jutting up to each other on a full width browser

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Ah I see :) in WordPress the images for which “Alignment” has been set to “left” or “right” in the media upload pop-up are floated left or right respectively so that the text flows around them just like the alignment suggests; if you wish to have spaces between images you can set their alignment to “none” or “center”. Does this work for you?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

alangreg

hi

yes – that works, though admittedly it looks better if everything is left aligned with the headers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.