Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Portfolio & Filters + Maps

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Portfolio & Filters + Maps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RGB
    Participant

Dear Satori,

Thanks for the awesome theme. I got 3 questions and hope you can answer them:

1. My page is configured as a one page with singular portfolio items (6 in list). When I have a limit on my projects (ie. show 4 out of 6) the ‘See All’ button appears. This then leads to http://www.mypage.com/projects and shows an empty page. How do I fix this?
    1b. Also is it possible to have the portfolio on the homepage show as list and show the http://www.mypage.com/projects as a grid (or maybe even masonry?)

2. My portfolio item captions are set on ‘show on mouse hover’. I would like to add a transition to this mouse over. Where do I set this? I tried to find it in the CSS around the .isotope class but nothing changed.

3. The Portfolio filter appears at the bottom of the portfolio items. Is it possible to put this filter at the top of the list so that visitors can filter beforehand?

4. How do i set a full width Google Maps as on your demo website?

Thanks in advance!!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey RGB,

I will go over the questions in the same order:

1). By design the “See All” button on portfolio sections as part of one-page template should lead to the original portfolio page, and so far no problems have been reported with this mechanism. Could you please provide the URL of your website so that I could have a look at the particular code? Thanks!

1b). It is possible to create a list of instances of a particular post type in WordPress, although Kanso does not provide this functionality out-of-the-box. Please take a look at this third-party plugin, it might do what you need.

2). At the moment the showing/hiding of portfolio captions is done using jQuery rather than CSS; the respective code can be found under the “Overlay image for posts” title in the “header-functions.php” file (lines 405-421). To change the transition, you need to replace the “FadeIn()” on line 413 and “FadeOut()” on line 416 with an effect of your choice.

3). This is not envisaged from the back-end of the theme, but can be achieved by moving the code that is responsible for showing the filter; the code on lines 165-180 of the “page_one-page.php” template file should be moved after line number 114. In case you’re not familiar with php, I highly recommend asking for a professional’s help with this one (e.g. on Tweaky.com).

4). The full-width Google Map in the “Contact” section of the demo is just an image :) You can upload a header image for each individual page from the “Page Settings” box while in the page editor mode.

Please let me know if any of the issues requires clarification.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

RGB
    Participant

Dear Andrii,

Thanks for your reply! I will try to implement your answers into the code and see what the plugin can do.
    About the first question; my website url is http://www.r-g-b.nl, where the http://www.r-g-b.nl/projects page doesn’t show any posts. If you will be needing login codes, just let me know.

Thanks in advance

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey RGB,

there’s no “See All” button on the website at the moment, I suppose you’ve removed it so far. Before I ask for your login information, let’s try this: could you please tell me which template is chosen for the “Projects” page in the “Page Attributes” settings box (you can check it while in the page editor mode for that particular page); secondly, please tell me which option is currently chosen in the “Settings -> Permalinks” admin menu section. Thanks!

P.S. your bureau does some really interesting work

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.