Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

PDFs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kairosdesign
    Participant

Hi there, I have noticed when I upload some larger PDFs (e.g., brochures) that the reader used by the theme apparently is not Adobe Acrobat, and my document doesn’t look the same. It then gives me an option to open in Acrobat but only after the brochure is displayed incorrectly. Is there a way to just use Acrobat?

Thanks, still loving your theme!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Kairosdesign,

the theme uses Google Docs embedder to display pdf files (it is the best option for embedding a pdf file that I am aware of); alternatively, you can try embedding the document as a flash preview via the Acrobat.com service:

1. Upload your file to Acrobat.com – it’s free, you can sign up at Acrobat.com
    2. Select the file icon in the organizer and click the Share File button. Or, select Share from the file context menu.
    3. Select Publish It, and then click Publish. This will allow anyone with the URL to the file to view it.
    4. From the Published tile in the Collaborator bar, select Copy Embed Code.
    5. The necessary HTML code to embed the preview is copied onto the clipboard. Open your HTML file and paste the code into the file. You may want to adjust the default height and width to meet your needs.

Let me know if you have troubles with this method!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

kairosdesign
    Participant

Thank you, that worked great and is a good service to know about. One more question (plus I still have logo issue that you will see when I upload later this week):

– Where can I add a different Google font for blockquotes?

Thanks again.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Kairosdesign,

a completely separate font for blockquotes is not envisaged in Ikebana, you will thus need to insert a new Google Font into the website if you want a distinct styling for that element: please go to the Google Fonts page, choose the font you like, press the “quick use” button (the central of the three square grey buttons with icons in the right corner of the font, next to the blue “Add to collection” button). There you will see detailed instructions on how to insert the font; note that in step 4 you will need to specify the element you are styling, i.e.
    blockquote { font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; }

Should you have problems with adding a new Google Font, let me know and I will provide assistance!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

kairosdesign
    Participant

Thanks. I know that step 3 goes into the head somewhere – I have been looking at the Ikebana files and cannot figure out where to put it. I don’t see a place for it in the Editor.

kairosdesign
    Participant

Never mind – I figured it out!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad to hear! :)

A. / Satori Studio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.