Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Origami questions

New Front EN Support Forums Origami Theme Support Origami questions

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tomgeraedts
    Participant

Thanks, hmm.. doesn’t seem to be working at the moment.
    http://www.tomgeraedts.com/ I’m really happy with the theme, but the only problem are the different browser dimensions.
    If I scale the browser down, the images don’t scale down, it simply cuts them off. Is there anything I can do about that?
    Same for the iframe vimeo video..

I have this in my CSS:

.post-meta { display: none !important; }

.post-wrapper .post-content iframe { max-width: 656px; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px; }
    .page-content iframe { max-width: 656px !important; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px !important; }

.post-wrapper .post-content img { max-width: 656px !important; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px !important; }

.page-content img { max-width: 656px !important; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px !important; }

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Tom,

I’ve double-checked on my machine – the videos on your website are re-scaling according to screen resolution as they are supposed to, please see this screenshot for an example.

I must admit, however, that the image resizing issue is my fault. I did not include a responsive styling scenario for images inserted into posts or pages “by hand”: when using the built-in native image uploader, WordPress always gives a class to the image, which was the basis for the existing styling. Please download the updated lessframework.css file here and upload into your theme folder via ftp, replacing the existing file. Thank you for reporting this bug, I will also add the fix to the next release of Origami (version 1.1).

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

tomgeraedts
    Participant

Thanks for updating that! It’s not working on my website yet, but last time it wasn’t either right away.. maybe has something to do with my cache or something.

This is the way I’m including my images:

is it working for you?
    tomgeraedts.com

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Tom,

The videos are resizing as they should now, the images are not resizing because you haven’t altered the css code according to one of my last messages (see message from the 2nd of October): you’ll need to go to “style.css” and find the line (it is line 29, so the beginning of the file):
    .post-wrapper .post-content img { max-width: 656px !important; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px !important; }
    and change it to:
    .post-wrapper .post-content img { max-width: 656px; margin: -16px 0 0 -16px !important; }

Let me know if that solves the image resizing issue.

By the way, if you wish to flush a browser’s cache, here is a quick guide, with screenshots ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

• This reply was modified 11 years, 5 months ago by mmsatori.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by satori.
    tomgeraedts
    Participant

Here I am again, very happy with the theme.
    1 issue I have, when people try to watch VIMEO video’s on my page, they aren’t able to play them on full screen! It forces the video to stay in the same little size..
    Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the help!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Tom,

do you mean a particular video or all of them? I’ve tried watching e.g. the video in this post: http://www.tomgeraedts.com/?p=41 in full screen and it works fine (when I press the “full-screen” toggle between the HD and the Vimeo logo on the video control panel). I’ve also checked the embed code, it has the “allowfullscreen” parameter as well. ..Or have you already solved the issue while waiting for my reply? :)

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

tomgeraedts
    Participant

In chrome that works fine indeed, but check safari… :(

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hm, I’ve tried Safari, and still can watch the videos in full-screen. Which version of Safari do you have? Are you using any additional third-party plugins with the theme?

By the way, really spectacular videos!

Andrew | Satori

tomgeraedts
    Participant

Thanks for the compliment!

It’s weird, i have safari 6.0.1 and the latest version of Mac OSX 10.8.2
    I’m glad it works fine for you..
    When I try to view the video on fullscreen in safari, it displays the website itself on fullscreen, and the video in the left upper corner, same size as when embedded. Weird!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

I have a PC, maybe the bug is “iOS-specific” – I’ll try to test the video on an Apple machine and see how it behaves.

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.