Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Multiple Pages with different Portfolio page

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Multiple Pages with different Portfolio page

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    oren
    Participant

Like a magic!
    Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Anytime ;)

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sdanpo
    Participant

Andrii,

I have one question regarding.
    I used your recommendation for tags.

The only problem is that on the tag pages I get a bit area with the tag name.
    Would you be able to tell me how can I avoid this area ?

Enterprise Websites – Codecape New Site | Codecape New Site

Thanks,
    Dan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

the tile with the tag name and description is added automatically to each tag archive via the template file. I’ve prepared a customized file for you where the respective code has been removed: please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/) via ftp, replacing the existing files when prompted.

Let me know in case the file works in an unintended way!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

selj634
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I love the design of this template!

I have a few questions on it. Please forgive me as I am completely new to this and the questions may be very basic!

I have followed the above guidance on creating tag archives. My ‘team’ page now shows only the portfolio projects that have a tag of team. But my home page is showing all portfolio projects.

There is a reply on May 26, 2014 at 12:35 pm you gave in a previous post on this question on ‘slugs.’

My questions:

1) What is a slug?

2) In order for the homepage to exclude the portfolio projects with a tag of ‘team,’ do I need to replace the code on page_portfolio.php file with the below code you noted in your reply on May 26 or just change the slugs?

$wp_query = new WP_Query( array( ‘posts_per_page’ => $ppp , ‘post_type’ => ‘project’ , ‘paged’ => $paged , ‘post__not_in’ => $exclude_ids, ‘order’ => $order, ‘orderby’ => $orderby, ‘tax_query’ => array(
    array(
    ‘taxonomy’ => ‘tagportfolio’,
    ‘field’ => ‘slug’,
    ‘terms’ => array( 1, 2, 3 ),
    ‘operator’ => ‘NOT IN’
    )
    ) ) );

3) How do I change the permalink of Team page from ‘www.websitename.com/tag-portfolio/team’ to ‘www.websitename.com/team’?

Thanks for all your help!

Selena

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Selena,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will cover the questions in the same order:

1). A “slug” is another name for the human-readable part of a web page’s URL; for example, if your website’s homepage URL address is “example.com”, then a contacts page on that website may have a URL of “example.com/?p=34”, which does not convey a lot of information to the end user – or it can be “example.com/contacts”, which is a semantic URL with a slug “contacts”. You can read more about URL slugs and permalinks here and here.

2). The code you’ve provided needs to replace line 69 of the “page_portfolio.php” template file, yet if you are not familiar with PHP, I would suggest that I make the changes for you, because a single PHP code mistake may render your website quite unusable. If you’re using an FTP client, I can provide you with a changed file – or you can give me access to your WordPress backend, and I will implement the code; as you wish.

3). This is not possible in WordPress without using a separate plugin, e.g. this one – otherwise, the “tag-portfolio” part is the slug of the portfolio tag, which cannot normally be avoided.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

selj634
    Participant

Thanks Andrii. Your response was really helpful. I also realized if you go into ‘Quick Edit’ on a project, the slug is noted there as well. Thanks for looking up the plug-in – I installed it and it works perfectly!

If you could make the changes for me in the page_portfolio.php template, I would really appreciate it. I’ll then add the slugs to the terms line of code.

Thanks again!

Selena

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Selena,

alright, in this case I will need the IDs of the portfolio tags you want excluded from the portfolio template page; you can find the ID of the tag by visiting “Portfolio -> Tags” admin section, clicking on the relevant tag, and looking at the URL: the number after “&tag_ID=” is the tag ID.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Luigi26
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

can you insert the “the WP_Query object has an option to exclude certain items PORTFOLIO of custom taxonomies” function in “Theme Option”.
    Best regards.

Luigi

selj634
    Participant

Thanks Andrii.

The tag ID I would like excluded is 9.

Thanks again,
    Selena

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.