Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Mobile Version Problem

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Mobile Version Problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rkuske
    Participant

Hello,

Could there be a bug in the latest version of ikebana? When trying to load my site (kuske.co.nz) on an iPhone or iPad (Chrome or Safari), the portfolio page starts loading and then crashes the browser.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Reiner,

I can see that you are using Ikebana version 1.3; the latest public version is 1.5, which among other things fixes several bugs in the theme. Could you please update and let me know if the problem persists? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

rkuske
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. have updated to V1.5, unfortunately this didn’t make any difference. Our site still crashes Chrome and Safari on iPad and iPhone.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Reiner,

I will test your website on an Apple device as soon as I get a chance, so far I’ve tried to open it in Chrome on my Android-based smartphone, and it seems to be working.

Meanwhile, I think I have one potential reason for the crashes: your website is very large in size (14.8 MB, mainly because of images, e.g. this one alone is 3 MB). This makes it quite slow by any standard (see detailed results of speed test) and might also contribute to its operation on mobile-devices, which are in general more sensitive to resource-consuming websites and applications. I highly recommend optimizing the images on your website to reduce their size to no more than 500 KB per image, and trying to reduce the size of the entire website to a maximum of 3-5 MB (the less, the better!). Please let me know if by any chance the website stops crashing on mobile devices after that (you’ll need to refresh your mobile browsers to check it out).

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

rkuske
    Participant

Andrew, you are correct (as always). Reducing the images sizse to 50kb max solved the problem. Site loading no problem in all of my apple devices. Thanks again

Reiner

mmsatori
    Keymaster

I’m glad it helped!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.