Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Layout question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sdanpo
    Participant

Hi there,

I like the theme a lot.
    I would like to implement something as such .
    Meaning , above the regular masonry is a static in a similar manner to this one.

What would you think be the best approach ?
    Is it even possible with Ikebana ?

I am not interested in changing any code outside the admin pages.

Thanks,
    Dan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

The section above portfolio items is not envisaged in Ikebana per se, i.e. it cannot be done via the admin back-end so far. However, I thought that it would be a nice thing to have as a feature, so I’ve modified the theme files to make it possible. Please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana), replacing the existing ones. After that refresh your website, and add some content to the main text area while in the editor mode for the portfolio page in question; the content will show up just above the portfolio project grid.

Please let me know if this is what you needed.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sdanpo
    Participant

Andrii,

This is HIGHLY appreciated.
    Do you have any idea how to create the seperate balloons/cubes/services as is in the examples?

Thanks a lot!

Dan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

glad it works! I’ll include this feature into the next version update of the theme, thanks for bringing this up.

You can use the built-in [column] shortcode to divide the content into several horizontal sections; please see Appendix 2 of the theme manual for more information on the shortcode.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sdanpo
    Participant

Excellent.
    Thanks a lot!
    Working on it

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by sdanpo.
    sdanpo
    Participant

Andrii,

I have a question.
    Now all pages we create are with that layout.
    Can we control that only homepage will be with that layout and other pages will be with the regular layout ?

Thanks,

Dan

sdanpo
    Participant

I will sharpen the question:
    All the portfolio pages are now with this addition :-)
    If I want to retain the original portfolio for some pages ?

Thanks,
    Dan

sdanpo
    Participant

Andrii – One more issue I think I saw.
    When I put the code as authored the page all of the sudden became unequal on both sides.
    Attached image : http://i.imgur.com/shHOsuq.png

Do you think this is fixable ?
    Thanks,
    Dan

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

regarding your first question: you can simply leave the main content area blank while in the page editor mode for the pages where you’d like the original template to show – without any text in the content area, the template will only show the grid. Or am I missing the point here?

You’re right, that is not supposed to happen, yet I can see that the screenshot does not correspond to the website link you provided above (http://www.codecape.com/new_site). Have you altered the template in any way and is it still topical? I’ve tested the modified portfolio page on the theme demo, and it seems to be working fine with respect to the page margins.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

sdanpo
    Participant

Andrii – Youa re right on spot for the first point.
    Regarding the second – I will test it again :-)

Thanks a lot,

Dan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.