Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Jumpy page loading

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Jumpy page loading

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I am still having a weird jumping happening when my home page loads (every time), when the filtered portfolio icons are clicked (not every icon every time), and when the filtered portfolio links in the footer are clicked (not every link every time). Everything jumps to the left, then jumps back to the right.

Also, when you click on any of my video portfolio items (called ‘scripts’ in the filter), the thumbnail appears for a second all black, then blinks out, then reappears back with the thumbnail image.

These things are visually jarring – hope you can help!

Many thanks,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Leslye,

I’ve rewritten the entire margin-width mechanism in Ikebana for you, please download this custom file, unzip it, and upload the contained files into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/), replacing the existing files. The content width is now set by a script depending on the size and number of the boxes, while the margins are automated by the CSS. This is the best one can do here, otherwise the theme will seize being responsive and will not adapt to the

I cannot recreate your second issue (the blinking of the video thumbnails) – could you possibly make a screencast?

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Thank you! I will try it right now.

I went through all the steps to do a screencast, made one, got to the end and it asked me to create an account and put me in an endless sign-in loop. I also kept getting a security warning. I could not get out of the loop to sign in and publish my screencast. Sorry!

leslyejoy
    Participant

Yikes, the page is still jumpy and now my portfolio filter icons are gone.

leslyejoy
    Participant

Just fyi, I replaced the new files with the original ones because I have a couple people looking at the site today and I need the icons to show up. If you need me to replace with the new problematic ones for troubleshooting, just let me know and I’ll put them back.

Thanks,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

the last thing I can do is to fix the content width on your website, which will remove the loading effects, but the website will not adjust to the larger screen sizes by re-arranging the portfolio masonry. If this is something you would like to have, please tell me how many smaller portfolio item boxes would you like to fit into the content by width.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

No, those adjustments are not acceptable. I just don’t understand why this issue shows up on my site and not the demo site. And why it only happens sometimes. Is there anything you can think of that I can change on my end to improve things? I don’t think I can publish the site like this for my business, it’s too jarring and makes me look unprofessional.

Thanks,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

I haven’t thought about this issue before mostly because none of the 150 buyers reported this. Now, after pondering over the case for some time, I believe that I may have the answer; however, I will need some time to implement and test it – I hope you will be able to give me 1-2 days for this. Thank you and my apologies for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Of course, Andrew. I would be thrilled if you could fix this. I absolutely love the theme otherwise. BTW, in case this is helpful, I asked someone else to take a look and she said she saw the same jumpy behavior on your demo site. I have seen it once or twice but not regularly.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

I’ve finally managed to solve the loading issue: instead of using Javascript for defining the width and margins, I’ve entirely rewritten the code to use PHP (which loads before JS) to generate a series of CSS @media queries which now govern the width of the website on all possible screen sizes. I’ve inserted the code on your website already, please have a look and let me know if it does what you needed.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.