Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Image Selecting Arrows for Gallery – Portfolio posts

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Image Selecting Arrows for Gallery – Portfolio posts

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paulitik
    Participant

Hello Andrii,

I love the theme but I’m having some trouble. Originally when I added gallery posts to the portfolio image selecting arrows were automatically created allowing users to scroll through images without clicking through. I ended make some changes to which photos were in the galleries and now the arrows have disappeared.

Further to that, I’m also having issues on the Gallery pages themselves. Photos seem to get cut off, and the thumbnails for the photos are very small.

Here is the page I am referring to: http://sspffc.com/

appreciate any help you can provide to me!

Thanks!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Paulitilk,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I will split the issue into two sections for our convenience:

1). The gallery on this page is missing navigation arrows because there is only one image in it :) could you please try uploading more images into that particular project?

2). You’re right, the height algorithm of the gallery slider needs improvement. I’ve prepared a possible fix – please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the main theme folder on your server (/wp-content/themes/Kanso) replacing the existing file. This should tell the gallery slider to become as high as the shortest image among the slides, instead of fixing the height equal to the portfolio tile height. Please let me know if it works!

A side note – I would recommend improving the quality of the band image in the front header slider – at the moment it looks quite grainy; also, the SoundCloud plugin which generates the play bar at the bottom of the page seems to slow down the website significantly, at least on my machine – it takes another 3-4 seconds after the website has already loaded to finish rendering the play bar, during which time one cannot interact with the website itself – which might annoy some of the future visitors. I would suggest adding this bar only on specific pages, or looking for a less demanding plugin – but then again, it might be that the lag is only present on my computer.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

paulitik
    Participant

Thanks Andrii, I believe my problems have been solved. Even took your suggestion to remove the player, I did find it was slowing things down a bit.

The header image quality is definitely an issue, but I haven’t been provided with ideal full resolution images and was trying to work with it the best I could!

Again, I appreciate your help, great work on the theme.

Paul

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

glad to hear the issues have been resolved! Should you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

paulitik
    Participant

Andrii,

One follow up question. My slider does not seem to respond well to mobile. I think it is because I’ve set the Grid Settings height to 500 (put 0 on width).

I currently have the other settings as:

Slider Layout: Auto Responsive
    Unlimited Height: Off
    Force Full Width: Off

I’ve tried setting both Grid Settings to 0, but then the slider disappears completely!

Thanks again for taking the time to help out, I greatly Appreciate it.

Paul

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Paul,

my apologies for the slow reply!

Please try turning on the “Force full width” option – that should tell the slider to always stretch the background images to full screen width; also, I can suggest adding the logo on as an image layer on a plain-blank background slide instead of the current setup – that should improve the mobile view as well.

Best,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.