Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

I would like to have 2 BLOGS in my Web Site

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support I would like to have 2 BLOGS in my Web Site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

How do I do that? Each blog will serve its own purpose with its own posts etc.

Basically, if I write a post, I will need to be able to specify which blog the post will go to.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey there,

having two independent blogs is not envisaged in Ikebana, i.e. this feature is not available “out of the box”. In principle, there are three ways you can achieve this:

– Create a WP Multisite, as described here

– Simply use categories to sort the posts, and use the category archive pages (www.example.com/category/[name]) as two separate blogs

– or create a new custom template file using a WP_Query loop that displays posts that meet certain criteria (e.g. category, tag, or a custom taxonomy).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Hmm.. I can probably get by with using CATEGORY for the immediate time being. But, is there a way to make only one category show up in the blog by default. If the user wants to see the other blog, they can select that category etc. but, by default, only one category will show up when the BLOG is chosen. Is that possible?

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey there,

limiting the default WP blog page to only one category would require certain adjustments to the code of the “index.php” theme template (see e.g. here for more details), or creating a new page template with a loop that filters the results by category.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.