Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

HowTo: Page Title left, Content Right?

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support HowTo: Page Title left, Content Right?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    Participant

The demo site has a page layout where the page title and smaller Headlines appear on the left, while the text content ist next to it on the right.
    Like: one-page-demo -> contact
    Here, ‘Contact’, ‘Get Social’ and ‘Send Us a Message’ is on the left, while the text is on the right two thirds.

I would like to do the same.
    I tried to do it with columns. (1-3 column shortcode)
    But it doesn’t look the same.
    What would be the best way to do it?

Thanks
    – Benjamin

• This topic was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by Benjamin.
    Benjamin
    Participant

I might add that I imported the demo files. But it seems that they are a little bit older than the current live demos. Because the layout of the contact page is ‘Page: Right Sidebar’.
    Cheers

Benjamin
    Participant

Hi again :-)

Ok, I think I understand now.
    Forgot to mention that I am using the standard multi-page design.
    And it looks like the described layout is only available when using the ‘One-Page’ template.

Would love to have the layout also available with the multi-page design.

Otherwise I’m loving the theme so far!
    Cheers

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Benjamin,

first of all, thank you for the purchase, and my apologies for the delay in my reply!

You’ve got it right – the one-page mode was given left-aligned titles and right-aligned content for a more distinct visual, while the multi-page mode has it the “classic” way; in principle, it would be possible to create a separate full-width template for the multi-paged version of the theme with left-floated titles; in case this is what you need, do let me know, I might be able to help.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Benjamin
    Participant

Hey Andrii,

with the 1-3 column shortcode and some css it now looks identical.
    It was minimal work, so a template shouldn’t really be necessary.
    Thanks for the answer and the support.

Cheers!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad it works!

Should you have other questions or face issues, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

drewpolk
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I would like to make the template also have the Title float left and content to the right.

I am using the One-Page design. (unlike Benjamin)

Which template should be used?

What needs to be changed to define the float for the Title and content?

If there is CSS that needs to be added, what is it and where?

Thanks,

Drew

drewpolk
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

I figured out that it is the One Page Template that is coded that way.

The reason why I was confused is that the “Preview” button is not showing “One Page” Template Pages, even if another One Page template page has been set as the Static Page.

If I click “View Site”, it works.., but then I have to submit everything before seeing the results.

Is there a fix for the preview?

Thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Drew,

the problem is that a “Preview” in WP renders only the page in question, separately from any other data; in Kanso’s one-page mode the single page is technically not displayed by “glueing” all the comprising pages together, with their respective templates (this would be quite difficult to achieve and rather awkward to maintain in WP), but by using only one page that uses template file – “page_one-page.php”, which in turn queries all the other pages and takes the necessary data. Taking that into account, it would be possible to “Preview” the master page which has the “one-page” template, seeing all other page data included into it.

I am not sure I’ve managed to express it in the most understandable way, so if anything is unclear, please let me know!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.