Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

How to set up One-Page Layout?

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support How to set up One-Page Layout?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Satori Sensei,
    I have been trying in setting up a One Page Layout but had no success so far. I set my pages to “One-Page Layut” but it didn’t work. I hav read your manual and several topics here in the forum.

After several tries I gave up and tried to install the demo, but got following message:

Failed to import “Function: wp_specialchars()”: Invalid post type deprecated_log

What am I doing wrong??

Respectfully and Happy Easter
    Thomas

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Forgot to tell you the web adress:
    http://www.blackstar-design.com

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Little Update:
    I managed somehow to get the demo content to be installed, hope I will need no further assistance. Will keep you informed.

Respectfully
    Thomas

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Satori Sensei, so far no problem with One Page Layout, just one question:

Is it somehow possible to create sub-menues for a main menu point? i.e. under DESIGN I would like to have a dropdown Menu “SHIBUMI”. Don’t want to have SHIBUMI on the One Page layout, but as a “standalone” Page that opens in a new tab.

Thank you
    Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

Glad to hear you’ve managed to solve the one-page setup issue! Regarding your latest question: initially, Kanso was not meant to have menu items that lead outside of the one-page layout, while the one-page mode is activated, in order not to confuse the users; however, following buyer requests I did develop an upgrade that would allow adding links to outside pages into the one-page menu – please refer to this forum post for details on how to install it. I will also include that feature into the upcoming 1.5 version update for Kanso.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Satori Sensei,
    Didn’t want to this too in first place, but somehow the necessity emerged to keep the menu itself as short and clean as possible.

It is very easy. After substituting the 2 files all I had to do was to create a menupoint DESIGN with the submenu SHIBUMI (WP Menu!). Tried to change the order how the single menupoints are displayed (as I wanted DESIGN to be the first point in the menue, but it seems a bit tricky. Can you help?

Respectfully Thomas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

if you want the WP menu items to come first, you’ll need to upload this custom file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Kanso).

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Satori Sensei,
    this is what I call Support! Wow! Worked PERFECTLY!

Two more questions:
    1. What is the exact size of the portfolio Featured Image as it seems to blurry to me. I took your original pixel size but didn’t get the result I wanted.
    2. If you look at my 3 large text pages I use as “headers”, you will notice that for the portfolio the color is white, for Team and Contakt dark grey. Why that?

Thank you very much!
    Respectfully Thomas

Lexusaddicted
    Participant

Solved the second question: had forgotten to insert the correct color value for text heading. BAKA me! Gomennasai!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

please try using 300×222 pixel images for portfolio items thumbnails; in general, I’d recommend twice that size, i.e. at least 600×444 pixels, since on retina and other high-definition screens they’ll look much better in this case.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.