Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

How to set fancy box gallery

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support How to set fancy box gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zerodbproduction
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    sorry for my pressure but a i’m in hurry to deliver the project based on Ikebana.
    I swear I will not bother you by pm and use only this forum ;-)

I keep on having problem with setting gallery view in fancybox like in your demo.

I’ve tried to add images to blog post and use custom gallery shortcode but i don’t know which format for the excerpt should i choose to make it work.

By the way.. i’ve fixed the problem with portfolio objects in homepage: depending on box size(normal and large), small boxes stand on the same row until you don’t have enough objects to fill completely the first row.

SOME MINOR BUGS
    – gmap shortcode: it doesn’t accept custom size and the map is always fullwidth
    – When logo in header option is disabled the menu doesn’t allign left.

Hope these feedback can be worthy for next release.

thanks
    Antonio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Antonio,

I’ve answered to your email before I read this post, but I will duplicate the answer to the gallery question here as well so that other visitors could see it:

the pop-up overlay images are the result of a project with an “image” format (you can set the project format in the “Format” meta box while editing the project). Simply create a new project item, give it an “image” format, and insert an image into the content area by using the “Add Media” native WordPress button, then save the project. Once you have more than one “image” format” project, you will be able to switch between the images in the pop-up mode just like in the theme demo. Please excuse me if this was not explained well enough in the theme manual – I’ll need to add this information there.

..I’ve also replied to the email about the portfolio box alignment a bit earlier ;)

You’re right about the Google Map shortcode – please download this fix, unzip it, and upload into the following folder via ftp:
    /wp-content/plugins/shortcodes/css/
    and reload the page.

Regarding the last issue – I could not re-create the bug – could you please send a screenshot of your current settings in the “Page Elements” tab of the Theme Options panel that force the menu not to align left?

Thank you so much for all the comments, they are extremely useful in making the theme better!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

zerodbproduction
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for the explanation about pop up images. What i really need is to know how GALLERIES in fancy box with navigation bottoms works.
    Do i have to upload galleries or group of images inside the project or inside a blog post?
    Should i use shortcode? Which one?
    Which project format should i choose?

If i upload inages in project and change the format i never get what i want: sometimes feature image disappears, sometimes gallery is created inside a blank page…

MAIN MENU ALLIGNMET ON LEFT WHEN NO LOGO.
    You can see my page elements settings here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bwog5dd4s9hi12/ikebana_page_element_screenshoot.png

Regards

Antonio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Antonio,

sorry if I was not articulate enough about the fancybox overlays. Let me explain: the black square navigation in the overlay images switches between different projects of the “image” format”, i.e. once you have more than one project in your portfolio, the arrows will appear automatically in the fancyboxes (you can check the Ikebana theme demo to see how it works).

If, however, you meant not the overlays which pop up when you click on an “image” format project (e.g. the one with a paper and a smiley on it in the theme demo portfolio), but the galleries which switch images inside the project box (e.g. the project with an image of wires under a table in the demo portfolio), then this is achieved by marking the project as “gallery” format and uploading one or more images into the post.

Regarding the menu issue – you’re right, I haven’t included one scenario in which the logo itself has not been uploaded at all. Please download this fix, unzip, and upload into the theme folder. Thank you for pointing this out! Will include into the next theme update as well.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

zerodbproduction
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for your endless patience with me, i’ve finally understood how galleries work!

Some final considerations:
    It would be great the possibility to handle multiple galleries from the portfolio page (that can be only one), because actually the single gallery pickup every single published project in image format.

i.e. I’m working on a japanese restaurant website and the owner would be glad to have different galleries for location and dishes.
    Actually all the images have to be posted in the portfolio and this could be a little bit messy.
    I could managed this using gallery project format.

So another great option i suggest you to set in the next release is to insert a checkbox for publishing or not al the images in the portfolio, because actually they could look redundant.

By the way, thank very much for your support: it’s great.

Bye
    Antonio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Antonio,

glad to hear that you managed to get it to work!

I will look into both areas and try to make the image overlay gallery more flexible. You mentioned the “gallery” project format – indeed I recommend you to try out that one as well, because initially I intended that format specifically for displaying several images in one project with greater degree of control; and if you save the gallery project in “large” size, the image gallery will be almost as big as the popup overlay images from “image”-format projects.

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.