Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Hover on portfolio projects item

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Hover on portfolio projects item

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    zerodbproduction
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you explain how to set the Hover text on images like in the demo homepage?

What kind of item are those?

Regards
    Antonio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Antonio,

The captions on portfolio page are sourced from excerpts. To set the excerpt, you need to fill in the „Excerpt“ box just below the main text area in the post editor mode; in case the box is not present, click on the „Screen Options“ tab in the top right corner of the screen and tick the „Excerpt“ option in the list.

I’ve looked through the theme manual and noticed that there’s no explicit information on this (indeed not very intuitive) topic. I will update the manual as well. Thanks for bringing this up!

Cheers,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

I am having some trouble with captions. If I choose standard type project, the words I put in ‘excerpt’ show up on hover. But if I choose another type, like video or link, nothing shows up on hover. Can you explain/help?

Thanks,
    Leslye

leslyejoy
    Participant

OK, I fixed the video type problem (I didn’t have a thumbnail uploaded, so it was pulling the thumbnail from the video in the post). But it still doesn’t show a caption for the ‘link’ type project post. Please advise. Thanks!
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I did not include a caption into “link” format projects on purpose, since the primary usage for the “link” format is displaying textual links, which can interfere with the captions (for a similar reason I did not include captions on “gallery” type projects, so that they do not overlap the gallery controls). However, having given it a second thought, I’d agree that as an auxiliary function “link” project captions could be useful, so I’ve made changes to the theme files to make them possible. Please download this file from my repository, unzip it, and upload the contained file into the theme folder via ftp (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana).

Thank you for bringing this up, I will definitely include the additional functionality into the upcoming theme update (ver1.4).

Please let me know if this achieves the desired effect!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Thank you for being so incredibly responsive! But it does not seem to be working. The name of the file extracted from the zip folder is “header-functions” but the name of the zip folder is “link-captions.” Do I have the correct file?

Thanks,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Leslye,

I’ve double-checked – the file should be working :) its name is indeed supposed to be “header-functions.php” – I’ve named the archive differently so as to give an idea of its purpose. Could you please double-check if you’ve uploaded the files into the correct folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana/), and the original file has been replaced? If it still doesn’t work, please download this file, unzip it, and upload into the same folder.

Please let me know of the results!

Best,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Nope, still doesn’t work. I have a screen shot of the folder I put the file in (I am developing this using MAMP on my laptop). I didn’t get prompted to replace any files when I put the file in there yesterday, and not today either. How do I get the screen shot to you so you can see what I have in there and what mistake I may have made?

Thank you,
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Leslye,

you can either upload the image into your hosting or any free image hosting and paste a direct link URL here, or you can send the image to my email: support@satoristudio.net.

Best,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

I re-copied the files you sent as suggested. Solved!
    Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.