Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Header confusion

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Header confusion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi! Thanks for creating the beautiful theme, I’m really enjoying it so far.

I have a quick question about my site, benmullin.us . For some reason, the headings on the top right-hand corner of my website aren’t working properly. I can click on Home, Writing, Photography, Videography and Resume, and they all work fine. However, when I click on “Contact,” the section isn’t highlighted with the typical black square, and I can’t seem to navigate there. Do you know how to fix that?

Thanks,
    Ben Mullin

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Ben,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

It took me a while to figure it out, yet in the end it’s the absence of content that causes this effect. It is not a bug, rather the behaviour of the theme’s code given that every page in the one-page mode only has its title, i.e. has a very small height. This leads to the situation where the last three pages (or two, depending on the screen height of the viewing device) all fit into visible screen height at the same time. Since the main menu items are being highlighted based on the positions of their respective pages relative to the window, the menu considers that the highest page to still be visible corresponds to the current menu item, and thus the last menu item never gets highlighted as it never has the opportunity to be “alone” in the window :) The solution to this situation is quite simple: filling in the content into each page. As soon as they all have some “meat” on the bones, the menu behaviour should return to the expected norm.

Should you have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Thank you! I’ll add more content.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Ben,

I’ve tried adding content on your website, and it is working just as intended. To be clear, this is how it’s done: please go to the “Pages” admin menu section, click on a page you’d like to edit, and add text and other content into the large textarea below the title. After that click on the “Update” button to save the changes; I’ve added some dummy content to the “Writing” page as an example.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

To clarify, I can post content on almost every page just fine. But when I try adding text, photos or video to the ‘home’ page, at the very top of my one-page website, nothing shows up.

Never mind! I figured it out. Thanks so much for your help!

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad it’s been sorted out!

Should you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.