Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

gallery image size/ design

New Front EN Support Forums Pre-Order Questions gallery image size/ design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    i000yards
    Participant

Hello –
    I really like the fuji design and am considering buying it, but have some questions re. portfolio images. If I use the “full-width” layout and 1-column portfolio – instead of displaying the photographs on the left with text on the right, underneath a red-tabbed text description, can i just display my images in the magnified version you get when you click on the image to enlarge it?
    Also, is there an option for not showing the red tabs and for having a pure white background?

Thank you very much!

mmsatoristudio

Hi i000yards!

Thank you for expressing interest in Fuji!

Regarding your question: it is possible to display full-width images on 1-column portfolio template, with a small modification to the code: you’d need to add the following line to “style.css”:
    .page-template-page_portfolio-one-column-php #portfolio-list .portfolio-item img { width: 950px !important; }
    .page-template-page_portfolio-one-column-php #content #portfolio-list .portfolio-item img { max-width: 950px !important; }
    .page-template-page_portfolio-one-column-php #portfolio-list .portfolio-item .excerpt { display: none; }
    .page-template-page_portfolio-one-column-php #portfolio-list .portfolio-item h3 { display: none; }

To get rid of the heading tabs throughout the theme, you’ll just need to indicate a transparent colour for them in the Theme Options panel (option “Box header background color”): rgba(0,0,0,0). In case you only wish to hide tabs on the portfolio page, you’d need to insert the following code into “style.css”:
    .page-template-page_portfolio-one-column-php h1 { background: transparent !important; }

Page background can be set easily through the Theme Options panel. You can choose between a solid fill, a repeated texture, or a stretched image. Note however that the background is set for the entire website, thus if you need to set a different background specifically for one page, we’d need to implement a small tweak to the code similar to the above.

In any case, I am here to answer any questions regarding Fuji modifications and to help implement required changes – free of additional charge of course, given that they are reasonably feasible.

Should you have other questions/comments, do not hesitate to approach me!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

i000yards
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you very much! I am going to try and implement your advice now!

i000yards
    Participant

…just to double check – when i type in the code for transparent colour in the “Box header background colour”, i should type in “(0,0,0,0)” as the little box next to it comes up black ?

mmsatoristudio

To clarify, you should type exactly this:
    rgba(0,0,0,0)

The first three zeros indeed set the colour to black, but the last zero also sets the transparency to maximum, which makes the entire code generate a transparent background.

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.