Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Full-screen slider, unwanted sidebar on single product pages, and a few more…

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support Full-screen slider, unwanted sidebar on single product pages, and a few more…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skafte
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Hope you are well!

Sorry to disturb you again, but there’s just a couple of things that I would like to point out regarding the Shogun theme (point number 1 is by far the most urgent, by the way):

1. Unwanted sidebar in single product pages
    The sidebar has for some reason activated itself on single product pages and I am finding it hard to get it to show up as a full-width page again. Don’t know if has anything to do with the theme and it’s compatibility with the recent updates of WooCommerce? I’ve tried deactivating all the plug-ins and that didn’t help. See for yourself here: http://lilykamper.com/product/rose-gold-hexagon-mini-block-pendant/

2. Issue with offsetting sticky (scalable) header
    I’ve experienced an issue with the full-screen function of the Revolutionary Slider. I’ve offset the header from the slider in order to show the whole image. The header minimises on scroll and the content then ‘jumps’ up a notch in a bulky way when the full-screen slider adjusts to the header and gets smaller (please have a look here: http://lilykamper.com/ – soon after you’ve scrolled down below the header the content jumps up a bit). I was therefore wondering if this is an issue you are aware of and if it’s something you’ve got any advice for how to avoid? NB. I am happy to have the slider staying exactly as it is when first loaded, even though it won’t fit with to the minimised header (hopefully it won’t be very visible as scrolling will cover the potential gab). Anyway, there might not be a solution to this at all, but if it’s an easy fix, then I think it would be a great improvement!

3. Updates of Visual Composer and Revolutionary Slider
    Just wondering if that’s something you are planning to implement in a future update of the theme? Not that I need it badly, but I’m using a newer version in another theme and it’s quite nice.

4. Overlay on all Visual Composer elements
    Still something that I miss a lot. I’ve had to make a temporary solution using transparency and a black background on images, but it’s not working too well! Especially not when the background becomes larger than the image, like here: http://lilykamper.com/collaborations/ – have a go at scaling the browser size and you’ll see the black background showing up. We also discussed this here: https://satoristudio.net/forums/topic/a-list-of-suggestions-for-improvements/#post-3971 – but I don’t think it ever became a priority for either of us :-)

5. Retina issue on demo site
    I’ve noticed that you are now having the same issue as I used to have with images disappearing when a retina displayed computer is trying to show the 2x version of an image. See how the images disappear after a little while here: http://goo.gl/pIYfmk – I fixed that myself by simply making absolutely sure that all images definitely have a 2x version generated (the plug-in doesn’t generate one if it doesn’t have a large enough size of the image to begin with) and, more importantly, by removing the embedded retina.js javascript from the theme as explained here: http://goo.gl/ok2VH3 … Thought you might wanted to know in case you’re not on retina computer and haven’t seen it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

All the best,

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

I’ll cover the issues in the same order:

1). I will have to ask you for access to the back-end to resolve this one – unfortunately it’s hard to theorize without seeing the code. Also, could you please try to recall when exactly this started happening, i.e. after which action from your side.

2). This is probably to do with the slider settings; I will also take a look at it while inspecting the first issue. Meanwhile, could you please tell me if you’ve added any extra CSS/JS code to offset the slider, or are you just using the settings that are provided in the “Revolution Slider” admin menu?

3). I will take a look at the new versions, thank you! I’m pretty sure that the Revolution Slider is manageable, yet as to the Visual Composer, I cannot promise anything since the plugin is extremely complex (700+ files) and the authors have a tendency to change a lot of internal things when they issue major updates – e.g. when the 4th version came out, it took me several days only to figure out how to recombine it with the theme, since there weren’t much effort from the authors to ensure that the transition is easy for theme developers; so I need to see if it’s worth the effort to try and combine the new version with the theme once more.

4). Reiterating the question I’ve posed in the previous thread where we’ve discussed this – have you tried using the posts grid for creating such product listings? It should be able to create a visually similar layout out of products or blog posts (or projects). If you need to put unrelated content into such a grid, however, you can fix the overlays on smaller screens by adding this line of code:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    .page-id-1200 .wpb_single_image.vc_align_left {
    max-width: 340px;
    }
    }

5). Thank you very much for the heads-up! I’ve made sure that in the next versions of the theme the theme manual is more clear on this, and I’ve moved the retina script as an optional component that needs to be enabled via the Theme Options panel.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Thanks Andrii!

I’ve sent you an email with login details and more info.

Will post here if there’s anything I work myself re the issues mentioned, in case anybody else should be interested.

Thanks,

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

thanks for the access to the backend. I’ve looked into the issues, here are some comments using the same numbering:

1). Quite weird, considering that the demo website with the same code as your works just fine; in any case, I’ve altered a piece of the functions.php code to make it absolutely sure that product pages are displayed properly, will also insert the same change into all future theme updates. Thank you for noticing this!

2). I’ve changed the “Full screen align” in slider setting from “On” to “Off” – could you please check if the glitch it still there?

4). Regarding the Collaborations page using the posts grid: you can try this CSS to put them into a single line:

@media (min-width: 768px) {
    .vc_responsive .wpb_row .vc_span3 { width: 24.99%; }
    }

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.